kawikiller

Mar 2, 2007
how realistic would it be for some one who is like 25 that just started riding to be good enough to hit huge jumps like you see the guys do in those crusty demon of dirt videos in a few years? and how about some one thats 20? would there be much of a difference between some one starting at 20 vs 25? Im hoping that in about 5 years I will be good enough to do that kind of stuff and Im not going to be happy until I accomplish it.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
What it really boils down to, is "testicular fortitude". You won't catch me trying it, but if you really want to do it, and have the marbles, then you probably will (but you could end up in traction).

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
You gotta get a dirt bike first. :) just kidding, most people over 25 end up getting married and have children and life becomes more important than riding or riding like that where you could die. Unless you become one of the few elite and make a living at riding.

kawikiller

Mar 2, 2007
I think I have enough balls for it. You just have to keep pushing it. To get your skill better. If you never try you will never know if you can do it or not. Im going to go for it. Im relating pushing it to other sports that I have done. just for example lets say you can only run 1 mile, once that becomes easy you go for 2 etc etc.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
you could easily do it but do you have the cash and land? if you have cash for a ramp and land to ride on just go bigger and bigger until your happy. Expect to fall off a few times though.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Theres quite a few really good dirtbike riders who are 25-30 years old and can still keep up with the younger riders.
If you are new to dirtbikes you probably wont be able to just hop on a bike and do a 100' jump. You will have to work your way up to it because it takes a lot of skill to land big jumps like that.
Im sure you are aware of this, but riding a dirtbike is a lot more complicated that sitting on the bike and twisting the throttle.

kawikiller

Mar 2, 2007
right but can it be accomplished if you are starting at 25? Im sure there are riders out there that are 25 that are great but they have probably been riding for a while. If you are just getting into the sport at 25 do you think it is realistic to be able to accomplish "going big"? maybe in a few years of riding?

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I know of some A class riders at the local tracks who are in their 30s and 40s and are still going big.
How long it takes you to develop the skill to "go big" depends upon how driven you are and how much natural talent you have.
I thought the same thing when I first was thinking about getting into MX and I talked to a lot of people who told me I was silly to think that at age 26 I was too old to get into this sport.
Go for it, just start out small and work your way up.

Mar 6, 2007
I'm sure it has less to do with age and more to do with desire. The reason it seems that younger kids do it more is prolly because they are more willing to take the risks than the older folks

Top Bottom