Rear Break Hassels

spikes

Jul 12, 2002
The threads seem to have seized up on the pad retainer pins for the back caliper. Does anybody know a safe way to get the b..stards out? I don`t realy want to use any heat on them if possible.

Cheers.
Spikes!

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
It is best to remove the caliper and put it in a vise just to support it. Get a tx40 torx head IMPACT-quality socket. Hammer it in until it bottoms, this is just to get some grip. U really need to use a bit of heat cause it does wonders. Put an impact driver(the kind u hit) on the torx socket and use it to break the pin loose from its seized posture. If the torx spins u can move to a TX45 size. But first u have to drill out the head area using a 17/64 inch bit. If that does not work it is drill time and I think that is very risky business. The torx head works like an easy out but far better. I have had two easy outs break on me and then you still have to drill it out and they are not easy to drill out.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Under the heading of closing the barn door after the horse is gone:

Put the (new) pins back in with some never seize. They do get stuck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…