Rear Compression and Rebound Question

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Guys:

I have a VERY limited understanding of suspension. I set my sag at 95mm and have played with the compression and rebound on the forks.

In the fall I came up short on my first attempt at a triple - it was late in the practice day and I was tired - and I sort of let up on the throttle for some unexplained reason. Anyway, the three jumps were relatively small - maybe 3 feet tall - and the total distance was I guess about 60 feet +/-.

I more or less cased the third jump and the bike threw me off about 25 feet forward into the face of the first jump of the following double. My back has been messed up since then - I get some tingling and a little numbness just about everyday at work.

I'm wondering if the rebound on my shock may be the cause of such a severe get off on a relatively small landing jump. I never seem to get to test during practice, and so I've never really experimented.

BTW, I recently took apart the linkage and found that two of the bearings were completely seized . . . I suppose that wasn't helping.

Thanks
Rob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
you'll like this Rob :cool: link

Top Bottom