kawaguy

Jan 12, 2005
hi there guys, i need some help in changing my rear wheel bearings on my 1999 kx125, the bearing setup is two on the sprocket side and one on the brake side, i have gone through some old posts and guys say that they use socket extensions and things like that to bash out the bearings from the inside out, but on my rear hub you cant do that, as there is nothing to hit out, what i mean is that there is a spacer in between the bearings inside the hub, and the is nothing to grip onto to push the bearings out, when you look through the the hub its just straight through like your looking down a pipe, there are no ridges or anything, i have got a part diagram from kawasaki.com that shows what im saying clearly but i cant post attachments.

any help will be appreciated.

http://www.kawasaki.com/SITE/VIVehi...odelYear=1999&ModelCode=KX125L1&SHOWVEHTABS=1

if you use this above link then click on rear hub you will see what i mean.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
It has been a while since I have changed wheel bearings but the sleeve has just enough play that you can push it down and put a punch on the edge of the bearing and knock it out. If I can remember correctly the snap ring is on the single bearing side. Remove the snap ring and punch the single bearing (non drive side) out and then I think you can pull the sleeve and start working on the double bearing side. Hopefully someone can hop in and verify whether or not I am thinking straight. For the new bearing try putting them in the freezer for a while. It makes them easier to install.

kawaguy

Jan 12, 2005
hey thanks dude, i just checked and yea it does have enough play to be pushed down, and the clip is on the non-drive side, cheers,

Top Bottom