jaliveto

Apr 5, 2002
I am confused about Rebound dampning. I understand compression and but not rebound. Is this just the rate that the shock/fork goes from being compressed to its natural position? Does turning your clickers out(counterclockwise) soften your rebound? And what does it mean to soften/stiffen rebound?

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
yes it controlls the rate from being compressed to its natural position. On the compression stroke energy builds up in the spring. the rebounds function is to control that stored up energy as it releases. yes turning your clickers counter clockwise does soften rebound. I think if you think of it in terms of speed it might help. turn it clockwise( stiffen) it slows it down.counter clockwise(softening) speeds it up

jaliveto

Apr 5, 2002
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. I am "okay" with the stock suspension settings for my CRF450 for the time being when I ride mx tracks. But, in the woods, it is far to stiff. So for woods riding I changed the fork compression from 7clicks(stock) to 12 clicks to soften it. I changed the rebound from 10 clicks to 12 clicks also. Would this change on the rebound help give it a softer(more Plush) feel. It seems to have. Did I even need to change the rebound or would I have accomplished this with just the compression?

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
By ajusting your compression clickers soft you soften low speed comp. only.Rebound though does have a effect on comp. I do remember reading a thread on the effects reb damp has on comp.you might be able to do a search on this.

Top Bottom