SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Its time for a back might get a matching front...I ride every thing from mud to rocks and creeks whats something that will work reasonable well and last ok not looking for the longest wearing tires.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I ride everything from mud to rocks and creeks..;)

Dunlop 756 front/rear is the choice in this area. Last reasonably well. Work great!

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
I ride a lot of sandy loose gravel and clay also just sand.. I really like ths Michelin S12's the front anad rear hook up well and I feel I can push the front harder with those diagonally rotated side front knobs....
My $0.02

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Lots of good tires out there. Some bad too. I ride a super strong Dunlop 739 Desert AT in back (110/100) and now have a Kenda Unadilla up front. So far no complaints w/ the Kenda. My stock Dunlop up front broke off over half of the outside knobs in less than 1 year. 3rd read in 1 year. Stay away from Vee Rubber.

Hope this helps .....

WoWman

Jun 23, 2002
D756 lasts FOREVER! I had my stock 756 on my DRZ for about 14 months, the wear was only bad on the braking side due to attempts at stoppies on pavement. Note to self...do not do stoppies on pavement with knobbies...
But no knobs chunked off or even got sliced open, even in sharp shale. That stuff will ruin anytire.

If I wasn't street legal I'd still have the tire probly, but I have resorted to DOT app. D606s. Hooks up pretty good, wear is really good off-road.

Best of luck. :)

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
We ride a lot of similar stuff to what you are riding in. Roots, mud, hardpack, sand, creeks, snow, rocks.

I have a IRC on my new KDX, came with it. I am not happy with the wear on the unit at all. Traction seems good though.

What my friend and I changed over to is the Maxxis CT6001 tires. They are half price of any major name brands, like 30-40 dollars per axle. They kind of look like a paddle with tread cut in to it. I had that on the front and rear of the xr600 and they worked really well. The 600 is a hard bike to tell if the rear tire is better, but the front was for sure over the michellin there. My friend has just the rear Ct6001 and loves it. Wear is about normal, but at the price we can afford to change them twice as often as like a Dunlop tire.

We got them at RockyMountain MC. That was the cheapest place to pick them up at.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom