NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Hi,
Would someone have an approximation of what is the recommended FORK race sag and static sag for my bike? Is it around 50mm?
Thanks!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Seb its hard to measure and most people dont work that method-better to find if the springs are correct for your weight and then measure the free length compared to the manuals spec.

Typically after a few seasons your springs will be a few mm too short-pack them with washers to bring them back into range.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Thanks Marcus. That explains why measuring the fork sag isn't very popular. I know the only way to measure it correctly is by making an average of the higher and lower reading using the seal stiction. I thought it would give me an idea of the ideal geometry to start with. I got the springs for my weight and, the thing is I would like to do some more testing with different spring rates while keeping the bike geometry constant throughout. I would be using either spring spacers (for softer springs) or sliding the fork up the clamp (for stiffer springs) to keep the same geometry. That is why I would really like to have a fork sag number. It would be great if it would be in a format like the rear; example. 45mm + or - 5mm. :confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom