420_CR250

Nov 9, 2002
Can anyone out there help me with some tips for recovering form a broken collar bone. I am getting ready to start PT next week. I am looking for tips on PT for motocroos training. Thanks all

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
I hope you have better luck than I have. Broke mine 7 weeks ago, got another x-ray today, still not back together. Doc says most likely another 6 weeks to be completely healed. He also said that if I choose to be stupid and ride anyway, to wait at least another 2 weeks.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Jim G
He also said that if I choose to be stupid and ride anyway, to wait at least another 2 weeks.

LOL, how do they always know were going to be stupid and ride early?

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
I think the giveaway was the Dirt Rider and Cycle News that I took into the office. Doctors' offices never have good reading material, so you must bring your own.

420_CR250

Nov 9, 2002
LOL Yeap I am really eager to get back on the bike I have been out 8 weeks now! The 2 inch screw they put in is now coming out. Doc said I could leave it or do the surgery again! I want to ride so I choose not to do it again. I have been good though and just rode the bike around my parking lot!! LOL

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Well I am in week 6 of my wonderful broken collar bone. Have a Dr. appointment in 2 weeks to see how things are going.

My ortho surgeon warned me of the screws backing out and plates breaking when discussing surgery to fix mine. Opted to see if it will heal on it's own. I am still skeptical since the bones were not touching. Guess we will see..

Good luck on healing up 420_CR250!!

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
Psycho, I hope you have better luck than I have had. My shoulder feels pretty good now. I did start riding my mountain bike again this week an the smooth easy trails

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I popped my collar bone a while ago. I just tried to do a little each day, once the swelling went down. when ever it would start hurting.. I stopped. I'm probably at about 90% now after about 2 months. Every once in a while when I strain myself It will hurt a little bit, I just immediately lay off of it for a day or so.

420_CR250

Nov 9, 2002
I went to the doc today. He says I am ready to go back to my work out routine
I really tought something was screwed up in there. I have been hurting pretty bad this week. Doc said he thinks the 2 inch screw I have is pinching a nerve. This is 8 weeks for me now.

Rich

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
wow, it seems i got lucky with my collarbone. it took approximetely 4 weeks to heal and it was a full break. i started riding after approx a month a half, although I took it real easy for a while.

Erik

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by 420_CR250
...I really tought something was screwed up in there. I have been hurting pretty bad this week. Doc said he thinks the 2 inch screw I have is pinching a nerve. This is 8 weeks for me now.
There are a mass of nerves that run under your collarbone. In some cases those nerves are severely traumatized by the break (and/or hardware in your case).

After I broke mine in 2 places, I was numb from my neck/shoulder area down to my fingertips for about 2 months. Slowly the sensation came back. Took about 6 months for 95% of the feeling to come back. The doc told me that nerve endings are pretty resilient buggers, but may take up to a year to fully rejuvenate and get all feeling back.

Good luck!

Mr. Mark

Jan 6, 2000
It took mine about 8-10 weeks before the doc said it was ok to begin using
my arm again. I broke it last October. Everything fine now except for the lump. Mine was broke in 4 pieces.

Mark

420_CR250

Nov 9, 2002
Well I am felling pretty good now its been about 9 weeks and I am back on the bike and riding pretty hard. I am still not really comfortable in corners, and jumps right now. Seems When I come in nose first on jumps I start to panic now. I guess it is going to take some time to get that old feeling back!!

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
It's been 10 weeks for me. Feeling good, some discomfort left. As I stated before, as of July 21 the bone was just begining to heal. I can't wait any longer, planning on riding for the first time this coming weekend, then Aug 24th, back to the ECEA enduros. Hope the bone holds up.

Good luck to everyone else that is healing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom