Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Found this on RacerX:

Chad Reed Goes Down

Racer X has confirmed that L&M Racing's Chad Reed went down hard on Sunday while testing for Anaheim, suffering a concussion, a broken shoulder blade, and a chip/crack in his collarbone. He also bruised his ribs. Reed was taken to Inland Valley Medical Center immediately after the crash, and has been visiting doctors ever since. There is nothing the doctors can apparently do about the injuries, according to a source close to the team, and whether or not Chad races at Anaheim 1 this Saturday night will be a "game-time decision." He is said to be in a lot of pain. Stay tuned to Racer X Online for more on this story.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Thanks!

Need to change my Fantasy SX picks now. At least I think I originally had Reed in there. :think:

That's bad for Reed though. With his finishes at the Toronto and Vancouver SX this looked like it was going to be a good season for him. Hope he heals fast. :ride:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Really? I thought Canada looked like every other race? If RC and JS aren't there, he wins. If they are there and crash, he maybe wins. If they don't crash, 3rd, as usual.

The injuries sound bad, hope he heals-up quick. He's got to be bummin.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The dude raced with a Level 42 shoulder seperation. There's no way minor injuries like this can keep him off the podium. He'll still get third.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Okiewan said:
Really? I thought Canada looked like every other race? If RC and JS aren't there, he wins. If they are there and crash, he maybe wins. If they don't crash, 3rd, as usual.

The injuries sound bad, hope he heals-up quick. He's got to be bummin.

I though he look much faster in the 1st round, not RC fast but as fast as Bubba..

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
It all looked just like last year to me:
JS fastest and most aggressive to a fault
RC Just a hair behind in speed but not as aggressive and way more consistent
CR a little off the pace of the last two but way more consistant then JS

I hope Chad gets well soon.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I never saw the Vancouver round, was on the road and an "oldguy" who was going to record it needed remedial lessons on using his dvd recorder :laugh: In Toronto Reed impressed me battling back after Bubba passed him, last season he would have settled into his place, that week anyway he wanted his spot back and was prepared to fight for it.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Steve Cox on speedtv.com said:
After going toe-to-toe with James Stewart at round one of the World Supercross Series in Toronto, and coming out on top, Chad Reed was no doubt looking forward to a strong supercross season on his new team. However, last Sunday, according to someone close to the team, he went down hard, reportedly cracking his scapula and chipping his clavicle.

According to our sources, doctors have told Reed that by riding he cannot make his injuries worse, so the plan is to race Anaheim I, since there aren’t many mobility issues with the shoulder. But it is dependant on how much pain Reed can take as he reportedly prefers to try to race without heavy-duty pain medication.

In essence, the plan is to race, although it is dependant on his ability to withstand a considerable amount of pain.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/supercrossmotocross/34594/

It's like deja vu all over again with the 42nd degree shoulder separation Pred!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
Great... now all the commentators will talk about is how incredible it is that Reed is even out there. Again.
Let's just change his name to Captain Amazing and get it over with.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
XRpredator said:
The dude raced with a Level 42 shoulder seperation. There's no way minor injuries like this can keep him off the podium. He'll still get third.

That's exactly what I was thinking Pred. Maybe his new sponsors can hook him up with some magic potion or something.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
evenslower said:
That's exactly what I was thinking Pred. Maybe his new sponsors can hook him up with some magic potion or something.

:think:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I'd like the names of the people who put him back on the track when he messed his shoulder up last year, thumbs up!!! Can't think of any other rider who would, could do that! You would be having flashflood warnings if it was alessi!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hats off to hm for racing injured, any rider that races injured.

On a "Pro" level though, these guys should be learning from the GOAT and keep their injuries to themselves and not let their weakness be shown :clue:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Bring out your dead........
Reed quoted as saying......... "But I'm not dead yet!. It's only a flesh wound"

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
There's no way minor injuries like this can keep him off the podium.

Hey, a lesser man would be dead from those injuries.

:nod:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Chili said:
I never saw the Vancouver round, was on the road and an "oldguy" who was going to record it needed remedial lessons on using his dvd recorder :laugh: In Toronto Reed impressed me battling back after Bubba passed him, last season he would have settled into his place, that week anyway he wanted his spot back and was prepared to fight for it.

He looked just as good in Vancouver except in one section, which kept slowing him down. It seemed the only two getting through that section clean were Bubba and RC.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chad Reed Suffered Minor Injuries in a Crash During Practice
- press release -

Carlsbad, CA – January 2, 2007 – Supercross superstar Chad Reed suffered minor injuries late last week after crashing in practice.

During practice late last week, L&M Racing’s Chad Reed took a spill resulting in a fracture to his shoulder blade and a chipped collar bone. While Reed has met with some of the top doctors in the country, there isn’t much that can be done other than riding through the pain. Fortunately, the current 2007 World GP Championship points’ leader is well known for his ability to ride through the pain as evident in last years Daytona race where he finished second despite a severe shoulder separation. Chad will rest the remainder of the week and work with his doctors to determine if he will be able to compete Saturday in the opening round of the 2007 Supercross season

And the PR begins ... :p

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Fortunately, the current 2007 World GP Championship points’ leader

Perhaps someone should point out to Reed's publicist that a little red headed guy by the name of Carmichael leads the 2007 World GP Championship points.

sp1tekiller

Aug 23, 2004
HiG4s said:
He looked just as good in Vancouver except in one section, which kept slowing him down. It seemed the only two getting through that section clean were Bubba and RC.
Yeah, that step on step off was biting him each lap. I think pretty much everywhere else on the track he was really close or right there with them in terms of speed.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
At least now he will have a good excuse for losing.

Top Bottom