Putty

Oct 25, 2007
So I removed the reed block tonight to install Boyesen Pro Series reeds and it appears I either have the wrong thing or they have been modded already. The block has 4 holes and carbon fiber reeds with it. The new one has 2 holes that don't line up with the block at all and there are 3 sep pieces that came for each side.....Look it..Did they ship wrong or do I make this work..?

pks1004.jpg

Since when does bikes come with stock carbon reeds...All mine were hard cheap plastic...

Last edited:

Putty

Oct 25, 2007
BTW, I have a 03 CR250....WHY can't I link to pics here???

" 1. SpamKiller: Your Post contains one or more links... please remove them before submitting your post."

Jun 28, 2006
Putty said:
So I removed the reed block tonight to install Boyesen Pro Series reeds and it appears I either have the wrong thing or they have been modded already. The block has 4 holes and carbon fiber reeds with it. The new one has 2 holes that don't line up with the block at all and there are 3 sep pieces that came for each side.....Look it..Did they ship wrong or do I make this work..?

Since when does bikes come with stock carbon reeds...All mine were hard cheap plastic...

My 05 yz250 came stock with carbon fiber reeds. Are you sure that's a stock reed cage / reeds that came out of the bike? Sorry but I can't view your photo's.

Putty

Oct 25, 2007
I took several pics of what I have, but this site will not let me add a link to show....what gives. I was told what comes stock in a CR is not carbon. I replaced the ones sent with Pro182 from Boyesen. They fit the block...Not sure if what I had was better.

Putty

Oct 25, 2007
Here is the pic....My new Boyesen reed is carbon, but one big piece....not 1 piece split into 4 like shown above. Also, there is no clear piece that was on there. Just the carbon part on the block and the metal rail. Can anyone identify the reed that was in my bike....the top one with the slits.??

pks1003.jpg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom