Reeds!!!

KayDeeXer

May 7, 2004
I have read a lot about Boyesen reeds on the forum and am thinking I want to upgrade my bike with them. It seems like most people like them. I do mostly trail riding in tight trails, and on Boyesen's website it says both the power and pro series reeds are good for quick acceleration (which I want). How do you choose between the two? Any feedback from those who have either installed would be great!! Also, I was looking at my bike the other day....where exactly are the reeds?? Are they hard to get to??

Thanks!!

KayDeeXer

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Boyesen 607 power reeds work good on that 220.

motorpsycho

Jun 8, 2003
I'll second the 607's.........
Cheap too, under thirty bucks iirc.
You'll need to remove the carb to get to the reeds, but sounds like you need a manual my man. That is an invaluable resource there. But honestly, reeds should only take a few minutes to install............

KayDeeXer

May 7, 2004
Thanks for the replies.....yea I am working on the manual. I have to pick one of those up at the motorcycle shop. The 607's look like a good way to go. I will have to check them out at my local shop. Thanks!!

KayDeeXer

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…