kevin c.

Jan 28, 2003
Ok on a 03, 220 what is the favorite delta or boysen reeds.? also fredette torque ring any one have one? how do you like it?
how much of an improvement?, I have a gnarley rev 30 air box mods. I am going to send the carb to rb for the bore out etc. I ride in a variety of conditions fast and slow want the best of both
(I know I have to compromise, or give and take, just want a good overall setup.) Any info or suggestions appreciated. Thanks Kevin

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Any brand as long as they are high tension carbon fiber reeds. I say that since they are lighter than fiberglass reeds and therefore can open/close faster since there's less inertia.
I had a torque ring but took it off because I could tell no difference. But that doesn't mean it won't make a difference on your bike.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I have the torque ring and love it. Even my riding buddies that ride 4 stroke bikes said they could hear/see the difference my bike had in the low end. For being so simple and cheap, it makes a big difference in the low power. Also, if you haven't cleaned out your main pipe lately, do it. It made a big dfference in my performance (1/4" carbon in pipe).

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I have a 96 KDX 200.
FMF Fatty, Twin Air Filter, Air box lid (gone), Sprokets 13 Fr. & 51 Rr.

I went from a Rad Valve to the Delta V-Force II reed system. The V-Force was by far "HANDS DOWN" the best mod for the money. The throttle response at low and high RPM's was night and Day from the rad valve. Plus, the V-Force is adjustable for low rpm riding to high rpm riding.
I too ride a variety of conditions. I am sold on the V-Force.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom