rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Took the trusty Reflex for a ride yesterday.

Yes, I realize this is not a real trials bike and my expectations are in line. Just wish it had a little more umph.

Question for the Reflex owners in this forum; anybody have experience with a cam upgrade or impact of a larger rear sprocket - 50 tooth?

Thanks to all for your feedback.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I am not a Relfex owner but yes regrinding the cam with the profiles better suited to your performance needs is always a good idea and will give some "UMPH" of course with a trade off somewhere else. But what you have to ask yourself is "Is the bike worth it?" Because you will have to send it to a performance cam grinder.

MCMAN56

Sep 5, 2000
Do you have the stock gearing? I am running 9/44 and it is pretty good trials gearing. It lifts the front wheel very easily. I would actually like first slightly lower. The bad thing is that it severly limits top speed.

I have spoken to several local reflex/ trials riders and the best engine performance increase comes from an exhaust system made by Craig Hansen. Apparantly it really boosts the low end. Unfortunately you lose the very quiet sound of the reflex. I can get a phone number if you are interested.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
MCMAN56 - I would like to get Craig Hanson's number. I've heard of him through Bob Ginder at B&J, but never got the price and feedback. And it's a tough call on performance versus the stealth quiet factor. I like the quiet...

I'm ordering a 50T rear today first before spending $$$ on the exhaust.

thanks.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Thanks for the info on Craig Hansen. Talked with him today and he confirmed a strong improvement on the bottom end with a little more noise than stock through a Supertrapp.

Keeps em in stock - $240.

Details in the spring when I get mine.

Top Bottom