Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Change your oil and filter regularly. Clean and oil your air filter often. Check and adjust the valves. Keep the rear chain adjusted and oiled. Sit down and read your service manual from cover to cover. Read it again. Have fun. :cool:

May 10, 2007
you dont need to do much for a crf100 at all

change oil tighten chain and thats it really

you dont really have to adjust the valves often at all. infact i dont think the manual says anything about it

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
flyingfuzzball said:
you dont need to do much for a crf100 at all

change oil tighten chain and thats it really

you dont really have to adjust the valves often at all. infact i dont think the manual says anything about it

Really! :whoa: Please explain why you don't have to adjust the valves at all? :coocoo:

Try looking at the service manual not the owners manual.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Becky,

Ol'89r nailed the answer right on the head. Read the service manual, then read it again. It should give you some type of service schedule to follow. Remember, no matter how well you maintain a bike, parts will still wear out. However, by following a proper maintainance schedule you will be able to help alleviate most of the break downs caused by poor maintainance.

One last thing, always go by the manual (or advice from a certified mechanic) and not by "word of mouth" from some half baked yo-yo spouting information like they know it all, when all they really have a grasp on is wiping their noses, and keeping their shoes tied.

Your Pal,

Mully

PS: The only dumb question is the one never asked........

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Ol'89r said:
Really! :whoa: Please explain why you don't have to adjust the valves at all? :coocoo:
ooooh oooooh, pick me, pick me!!!

You don't have to adjust the valves because when you ignore them then something eventually wears out and breaks so you get to spend your money on parts and labor at your local dealer.

crf-rider100 said:
Hey, How do you tighten the chain and clean the air filter??
That should be in the maintenance section of the owners manual. There are several products that you can use to clean the air filter, I recommend PJ1 Aerosol cleaner for it's ease of use. Then oil the filter, there are instructions on the back of the bottle. The chain adjustment typically involves removing a cotter pin from the axle, losening the axle nut, tightening or loosening a bolt on each end of the swingarm (although the TTR125 has a cam that you turn) then tightening a locknut, torqueing the axle nut and reinserting the cotter pin. Don't forget to lue the chain.

These things should be checked at least every time that you ride. If you take care of them when you finish riding then the bike will be ready the next time you want to ride. Also, I recommend purchasing 1 or 2 extra air filters so that you can just change it when needed and then clean the dirty one when you have time between rides.

K

kylee

FruDaddy said:
These things should be checked at least every time that you ride.

Gasp. :whoa: I'm totally screwed. :(

Social services is gonna come take away my bike...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
kylee said:
Social services is gonna come take away my bike...
They came for mine last week; I said they were vacationing at grandma's house out of state. Now I have to move so they can't find us:)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2strokerfun said:
He didn't say that. He said "very OFTEN at all."

:whoa: My mistake.

May 10, 2007
yea with mine i had it for like 2 years and i think i did it like every 3-6 months (somewhere in that area) now i check it every 3-6 hours it seems like sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom