mudrat

Aug 11, 2003
Well, did the ride this weekend up at Reiter. Was great!! That trail it tough. 30+ mile Ironman. Weather was perfect for roots and rocks, not too slippery. A nice crowd showed up. Our buddy got 3 10's and walked away with a small trophy. Little dusty, but not too bad. They included the washout drop off which makes for a fun challenge. Hope everyone had as great of a time as we did!!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Wish we could make that one but the annual family reunion was Sunday so we couldn't do it. Craig, my son, and I went out saturday to check out the Golden Spike HS and judging by the lap times it was a tight course. Try 11 mile laps and 45 min lap times, and thats the aa, a and b groups. Sounds more like an enduro. Some of the c and amature group was puking in the pits when we got there. Wish I'd ridden it.
We were planning to ride the mini race and Sen. Am but Craig was to worn out from his camping trip to get up at 5 am. We'll run it next year. We will probably hit the next HS and or poker runs. He is looking forward to cranberry lake and I'm looking forward to the white knuckle. hannigan is in there somewhere as well.

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Glad to hear I wasn't alone after the race. It was punishing and hot. The slow speeds combined with heat and dust really killed me on the last lap. Then I got stuck in a rut behind a guy on an RMX. I had to help him lift his bike out of a 3' deep rut so I could get by. I burned my hands on his exhaust. The sun was blazing down. That really took a toll on me. Then my shifter broke. It flopped around like some spring broke. And I couldn't downshift while the engine was running. Might have had some contact with a rock or two.

I got stuck on a hill 100' from the finish and it wiped me out. I got dizzy, lightheaded and feeling really sick. So I sat there for awhile and stripped off most of my upper riding gear. Sat in the shade for awhile but never really got any strength back so I packed it in and rode around the hill into the pits. So DNF. Damn no T-shirt.

But the course was fun. It was easily rideable, just really technical, rooty and rocky. I guess typical Reiter.

This was only the second time I raced there. I DNF'ed the first time too so I'm 0 for 2 at Reiter. Maybe next time.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Xrguy,
I got a note on my calendar about next weekend. How about the rest of the crew? Wa-Rider ought to be up for a shot. :) He's been riding a bit now so he should be in shape.

Kneese,
you couldn't have done too bad at least you were ambulatory. I saw a guy who was probably looking forward to being seasick. Are you going to hit the next HS at Hannigan?

Last edited:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Are you planning to camp out? If there's not going to be a turnout, I may change plans. Possibly saturday at Reiter then Sunday at Mad River, or the HS at Hannegan. I'll post in the other thread to see who's coming.

Jeremy

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
Fishhead,

I'm thinking about the next HS. In fact I'm thinking about all the rest of the off-road races. We'll see. My bike is in the shop so I will probably not ride this weekend. Damn. But I hope to be ready for the 14th.

How is the Hannegan course? I heard there is a MX track section, and a flat track section and some woods. Hows the MX track? I'm not much of a triple-jumper or even a double-jumper.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
2nd hand report that the course is on 80 acres and has been run on the lt track,mx track and trails through the woods, not a bunch of big air or heavy whoops but challenging. Gary, the guy that won our class in the black bear told me about it. i've heard that if we don't get rain they may reschedule for dust considerations.

I probably won't camp at Reiter

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom