Rejet after fitting Boyeson reeds?

Wis

Feb 3, 2001
Hi to all,
I've just fitted a set of Boyeson power reeds to my '00 200, I have already fitted an FMF torque pipe and P.C. 2 muffler, done the air box mod and after these mods I had a rejet done. I have now fitted the reeds, would I need to rejet again? I have not ridden the bike yet since fitting them.:confused:
Thanks Wis.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
best way to find out is fiddle with the needle setting. raise it a notch and see if the power is crisper or not.
If not then try a lower position. Discovering things yourself is always a joy.
Don't forget to play with the air screw setting.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
Wis, yep. With Boyessen reeds you will need leaner jetting than with the stock reeds. For me it has been at least one size leaner on both pilot and main, sometimes 2 sizes leaner. The jetting specs on the justkdx site were spot on for my kdx.

Wis

Feb 3, 2001
Thanks from Wis

Thanks very much for the advice, I have lifted the clip on the needle on groove just for the weekend, I have just got back from a full days riding, and although the bike is not quite as crisp, when the power hits, it is much stronger. The reeds seem to be a good move for the money. I'll take your advice and rejet properly now. Thanks again
Wis.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…