RADRick

Registered
May 3, 2005
moto guy said:
are the Renthal Twinwall handlebars good handlebars? does anybody have them. thanks.

I use them and like them. The only drawback is if you want to use handguards with them as most brands and styles will not fit or require special adapters. They are also a bit heavier than a typical fatbar, but not excessively so. Also, you will need a top triple clamp or mounts capable of mounting a 1-1/8" bar.

moto guy

Apr 30, 2006
are they better than renthal 7/8 handlebars? I heard that there so strong that if you crash the energy could transfer through the handlebars and mess up a major part, like the tripple clamps. Is this true?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
moto guy said:
are they better than renthal 7/8 handlebars? I heard that there so strong that if you crash the energy could transfer through the handlebars and mess up a major part, like the tripple clamps. Is this true?

Yes, they are better than 7/8" Renthals, and more than likely, no, they won't damage other parts in a wreck. Yes, it is possible that what you described could happen, but it is far from guaranteed. For example, I sideswiped a tree last August on my CR250, breaking my femur and bending both my Cycra ProBends and Renthal TwinWalls, but the rest of the bike is still straight. The GR3 top clamp and Applied bottom clamp are none the worse from the experience.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
They also come in a few different bends and pull backs, colors too. I like these bars, they seem very strong, I have dumped the bike several times where I would expect to pick it back up and have a bend somewhere, but was able to get up and finish the moto each time with nice straight bars. a solid choice. :cool:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I should have also mentioned that the TwinWalls on my CR250 survived plenty of smaller get-offs and tip-overs without bending. It took a high-speed impact with a tree to bend them, and even then they're not bent all that bad, given the force of the impact.

TwinWalls or the original ProTapers (not the Contours) are the only bars I'll buy. The best costs money but it never leaves you disappointed.

Top Bottom