Returning to the mother land! (IDAHO)

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Well, after 3 years of working at Ford I landed a job back in Idaho. I will start in january. :nod:

I have loved Michigan and will miss the great places to ride here and in ohio. I am going to hate to leave that all behind.

I sure won't miss being at Ford that is for sure. This has been the most demoralizing job I have ever had. :bang:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
what part of idaho?

HAYSHAKER170

Nov 17, 2005
Good luck! Are you switching careers as well, or were you able to find engineering work there? I am a CAD designer (Ideas/Catia V5) who worked at Ford, then Visteon, now ACH. For this reason Ford has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I will never buy another Ford just to spite them. No, I'm not bitter!
The wife and I dicussed moving out west. I have always loved Utah, but there doesn't seem to be much CAD work there. I hope you were able to make this choice on your own and weren't part of Ford's "Way Forward" plan. I hope things work out for you.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Watch out for Yeti's...:nod:

Oh yeah - and good luck with the move and new job!

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
XRpredator said:
I'm sorry

Well I will live near there. I am not sure where. I will be working out at INL. Ideally I will live in Ucon, Iona, or Rigby.

As for being bitter; I am bitter with Ford. I was not cut but I could not take the culture and atmosphere any more. I will never by another Ford, and I will discourage others from buying Fords.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ChopperDave said:
Worse than Moscow? :bang:
that's South Idaho, Dave, which is more like Northern Utah.
cnielse5 said:
I will be working out at INL
ah, top secret new-cue-lur stuff!

and they finally dropped the "engineering" E, and the extra "environmental" E they threw in there a few years ago.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
BTW if Pred shows up one day and invites you to a party that will have lots to eat, lots of drinking, some fighting and maybe some other activities :yikes: ..............................................................................................................................
stay as far away as you can :nod:

PM if you really want the details ;)

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I will keep that in mind. I better not go to any parties near pred for at least 3 months so I can get the security clearance to work there. I am one step closer to becoming like My Idol Homer Simpson.

In response to what pred said, I have a little saying and it goes like this.......Idaho is to Utah as what canada is to the US!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
cnielse5 said:
... as what canada is to the US!

Some Canadians refer to the U.S. as upper Mexico.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I grew up in Burley, Idaho and that is what we called Rupert Idaho.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…