BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
To all of those wishing to have a Dirtweek type Reunion ride, I've made initial contact with Cooperland. There is a OK State Series race the 2nd weekend in Sept but there is nothing scheduled for the 1st weekend in Sept.
I've requested September 1-5. No idea if anything will happen but the ball is in motion and we'll just have to see where it goes.
Are you ready for some red dirt?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Just what town is Cooperland near?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Does Guy Cooper have a web address?
Directions/mileage from Stillwater?
MX only or trails too?
Camping available?
How far to a town... hotel/motel nearby?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Guy Cooper is no longer involved in Cooperland. http://www.cooperlandusa.com/ In years past we had a small amount of trails available although that is likely iffy at best. Pretty sure if the track gets rented out for an event camping on site would be fine, Stillwater is maybe 20 mins from the track.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ooooooo boy! I gotta pull this off! Cooperland has ALWAYS been atop my list of places to ride. 1st week of September, a nice 50th birthday present to myself!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Aw man! We JUST reserved our hotel room for Steel City AND it's NOT refundable :(

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Motocross has introduced me to entirely too many doctors...

Without many trails available, I'll stay home and have a cocktail with you guys/gals in mind.

Perhaps one of these days I can swing something with our club and show you all a nice ride over about 150 miles of some GNARLY trails. Guy Cooper knows, if you see him just ask, he's been here... Midwest Trail Riders Assoc. "Show-Me 200" National Dual Sport. "200 Miles of Bad Road" Oh yeah :cool:

Have fun!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Swifty what about the 500?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have not heard from Cooperland's owners as of yet. As for the 500, I could probably negotiate with the city's Parks Department and see if a deal could be reached. Plus, I would have to clear it with the Stillwater Trailriders but I don't think that would be to big of a deal. The 500 has more riding to offer but zero facilities. It is closer to town and a new hotel is being completed just minutes away. The 500 would also free up the date choices. I'll try to make a few calls this week.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I talked to the Parks Department and they want me to negotiate with the Stillwater Trailriders. I'll get a hold of the president over the next several days. Costs will likely be minimal but as it is often said, "the devil is in the details".

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Jumping at the chance to ride something different.. what's the "500"?

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Would be great to come back to Cooperland again. But, I've taken all my vacation time already due to other circumstances. :(

Still :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom