SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
It's the truth I tell ya. For the last several months I have been working in Hailey, Idaho. I work in an Autobody shop where I am the Painter. It's the same Hailey where Demi and Ashton run around, along with Bruce, Arnold, Clint, and a host of other famous actors and wealthy folks. Hailey has a population of 6,000 people, the Ketchum, Sun Valley area might have close to the same. Bellvue is the least populated area in the valley. These four towns are inside a 15 mile stretch of the Wood River Valley, there are a ton of wealthy folks around here. I'm not wealthy, that's why I commute 100mi one way everyday, but the money is worth it.

There are 3 major Bodyshops in the valley and all of them have to schedule their cars in weeks in advance (when its really busy). I have been in the Body business for as long as I can remember....well not that long but a while. I have never been as busy as I have been this summer. I've been flagging 65 to 70 hours a week, easy. Mostly high end cars and suv's, Mercedes, BMW's, Jeep Grand Cherokee's are popular. I can't begin to count how many Subaru outbacks and Legacy's Ive painted on. For the population that this valley has, They sure don't know how to drive.

I'm not trying to complain none, just warn all my DRN friends, if you decide to drive through, bring something you don't mind gettin crunched. :confused:

Last edited:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Yes, this is a phenomenon I have noticed as well. Montecito, CA is about 5 minutes south of Santa Barbara where I used to live (insert repetitive chat cracker-head comment here)
It’s an area also densely populated with famous people, movie stars and the just plain ol’ filthy stinkin’ rich. I used to work there and with the exception of the immense beauty of the place I hated every minute of driving through there. It is my humble opinion a great percentage of the exceptionally wealthy, being accustomed to getting whatever they want, seem to think this somehow parlays to the road. For example “I’m rich and driving a shinny new Mercedes, therefore I always have the right of way at any 4-way stop” This was my biggest peeve since Montecito is riddled with 4-way stops. Didn’t matter who was there first or how long you had been there, it rarely failed that the fat cat in the flashy car would merely tap their brakes and proceed on through confident of the fact that everyone should yield to THEM!
Since I just happen to be a bad case of road rage anyway, I knew it wouldn’t be long before I would snap. One afternoon, after coming to a complete stop and just before proceeding with my turn, along comes Mr. Fat Cat. Well, one too many Mercedes’ had decided to pull their little ‘red-carpet” routine with me so when Mr. Fat Cat did just what I expected he would do, I did just what I’m sure he DIDN’T expect I would do. I gunned my little “average person” car right for him horn a blazin’ and middle finger a wavin’. I stopped just short of T-boning the arrogant ass but I think he got the picture.

So it does not surprise me one bit that you have a shop full to the brim with flashy cars piloted by egotistical, stuffed shirts. If they didn’t end up there because of the blatant disregard for their surroundings due to the cell phone glued to their drivers’ ear, then they were surely put there by someone like me who had had enough. :confused:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
Demi can smash my car anytime she wants to. Ahhhh...;)

uhh huh!!

GSR - I am shocked! :p

Top Bottom