ds06

May 28, 2009
Hey guys,
I'm new to the board as well as Rickmans. I'm trying to fix up my dad's old 73 125. I have a few questions:
1. I saw that the fuel/oil mixture is supposed to be 25:1, can you guys confirm this? Also, what oil should I be putting in the fuel?

2. Intake bellows...Do I need these or is there something simpler that I can purchase to go between the air box and carb? If I do need them...where can I purchase them?

3. What kind of oil do I want to put in the tranny?

4. Where can I get a cut off switch?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I run Silkoline 50:1 - keep in mind, this is FULL synthetic oil - I think the synthetics are the way to go regardlees of brand. If you choose to go with a strict mineral oil I would run 40:1. I'm assuming the motor is SACHS? If not, who?

VERY important to have a sealed piece between your carb and airbox... did I mention it's VERY important?! Clean air going into the cylinder is VERY important or it will eventually ruin your ring and complete topend failure will occur.

Tranny - I use silkoline medium gear oil

On your kill switch - disconect it and go to a cycle shop, tell them if it is a 2 wire or 1 and they can sell you the correct modern version.

Regarding oils - if you ask 100 people you will get 100 different answers based on preference - the lucky thing is you really can't go wrong as most of the oils today are much better than 30 years ago!!

Top Bottom