dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Ron, That area is fun riding and the race should be good too. You can run one loop and after the bomb it's not bad. I have a problem with the dust, but like I said after the bomb you can just chase ribbon at your own pace. I was going to race, but now I'm stuck on the fence. I did the Wicked Bird enduro last weekend and it kicked my @$$, lost of other peoples too. I was tossing around the idea of skipping the race to ride some of the W-Bird route at the Anderson dry lake. That's the area just 7-8 miles northwest up the dirt road from Soggy Dry. There is also a KTMTalk ride out at Ocotillo Wells this weekend. For me Oct-Wells is close, but I've gotten where I like the dirt and rock up Lucerne way better. For me the race is coming down to time and funds, my wife's not keen on me being gone for another weekend.

If you go, get there and ride the bomb (open from 3-6pm) then signup if you want to race. One nice thing about the race is that it's marked trail and that's the heat. You get to run wide open and not worry where you left the truck

Anyhoo, to all who make it; enjoy I don't know what I'm doing. I guess I rarely do. Just to many places to ride and not enough time.

keep the rubberside down

Ed
Te-570

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Go North on the 15, off at bear valley road and head east to the 247 and go south ( right ) when it tee's off, your going to go for aways, though Lucerne.

About ten miles pass lucerne you'll want to find bessimier (sp) mine road, turn left there.

There will be all kinds of riders headed out so just follow the traffic.

Look for the Four aces camp and a black F150 with a KTM ; you can pit with us

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Well I am going to make it out along with my buddy Don and Steve (Surfrider 55) we wont be entering the race this time, its Steves firs trip to the Dez so some time to get his wheels under him is in order. I am thinking at staging at Anderson off of Camp Rock.

Jeff, Boodoc, Dingo, or Ron, if you want to come out and take a easy ride come out and look for us. We will be in my dark blue F-150 supercrew.

PM me if you want to go or want my cell #

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
2strok4fun, I couldn't send a PM, don't know what's wrong, but I'm packed and if all goes well I'll be out at Soggy Saturday mid-day or so. If I don't end up racing, I'll ride up to Anderson Via the dirt road that runs east-west just south of the lake bed. The hills to the south of the lake bed were used for the Wicked Bird enduro and the trails are a blast back there. I made a Image map of the lake/trail area with x-y coords. I don't have a GPS, but I should remember the route if I get there. As for the trails you can find some for all levels out there. If miss out ya'll have a good ride.

If I don't race, I just head on that way sometime after 9am Sunday. I'll be in a white chevy van or on a Husqvarna TE-570 (blue/yellow)

Ed

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well, I'm not really ready to race yet, but I think I'll go out to Soggy on Saturday (because I'm chomping at the handlebars to get some riding in).

Dark blue Dodge 1500 pickup and Kawi with #511 on the plates.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey Dingo, I hope you get this message.

Change of plans, we will camp near Cougar Buttes off of the powerline road.
34deg 30.105 N
116deg 49.374 W

I have a 98 KTM 250e
Don has 91 RMX
Steve has 03? WR250f

I am sure we will ride towards soggy.

My Cell 714-504-1938

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Dang, who am I kidding? :| I'm all packed up to go, but I know I can't ride well enough to make it worthwhile, so I'm unpacking.

Later.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Well, I have been a work all friggen day when I should be ripping across the damn desert.

Hope everyone had good safe time.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Well, I have been a work all friggen day when I should be ripping across the damn desert.

Hope everyone had good safe time.

You need a new job bro. Maybe I could hook you up :moon:

I spent the weeknd playing a softball tournament and hanging out in Palm Springs at our Time Share resort, after complete our perfect 10 and 0 season for my sons pee-wee soccer team. 75 and suny both days. Boy I wish I could've worked instead, man I missed out. :p

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Talk about rubbing it in good. Thumbs I think you should become a pimp that way you only work nights and can ride during the day. ;)

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
thumbs, you didn't miss much on the dez race. It was short only 33 miles or so. I smashed my odometer with my chest protector (was headed over the bars) so I had no speed or mileage about 3 miles after the bomb. Overall it was a whooped out fast race. The Overall from KAW Race team did the first loop in under 32 minutes. I'm a one looper and it took me just at 50 mins. Was a Le Mans start and I was late off the line and just chased. I wish the race had been less whoops and more technical trail. The rocky single track sections they had were trashed woth hoops. Sounds like 2strok4fun's plan of free riding would have been better. One thing though, The dirt was Primo. My bike is still clean and dust, not much. That was nice.

2strok4fun, Sorry I missed you all. Trail riding would have been nice, dirt was so good this weekend. Out at Soggy we even got rain on Saturday night (wind was nasty). May be I'll catch you all next trail ride out there.

Ed

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Dingoe it sounds like we didnt miss too much then. If memory serves me right, thats the last race of the season until the beginning of 2004 right?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It was a Fast,fast race, cold as hell and the dirt was great, Mikey can by me 4 min ahead of the pack and that was loop one.

Second time around he did this and I think he stayed that way all the way to the finish

Attachments

• 777 c.jpg
    777 c.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Boodac, One more event that I know of this Nov 28-29 or so. Race for riders, It's the event that helps fallen racers from D37. I can't go, I can't ride till Dec14, but it should be a real good event from what I've been told. Don't get me wrong on the Hilltoppers, the dirt was the best I seen in awhile like I said. It's just that my suspension is enduro set-up for a 180lb guy or so and I push 240. So I was hitting the whoops hard and just couldn't hold the speed. It's time for me to fork-out the cash for some springs and all or just stick to trails and enduro events.

Ed

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I have not had a day off since the Ghostrider. I heard Mikey did the first loop in 32 min thats fast. The guys I talked to that rode it said their bikes were not fast enough but the conditions were excellent and there was no dust.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Thanks for the info Dingoe. Im thinking about doing a couple of scrambles along with my daughter in 2004 and would have liked to had a warm up trial run.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Well it was a great day to play ride :aj: We got there sans Steve, he had a soccer game of his daughters to attend that was rained out on Sat. The starting temp at 9:00 was a crisp 43, the sand was recently wetted and gave up no dust, it was nice and I wont bother cleaning the filter after this one.

We did come accross the course at a little after 10:00 and saw that it was not dusty at all. We took a lunch break about 200 yds east of where that pic was taken. Too bad the course cut accross that ridge instead of taking advantage of the fun trails that criss cross that area.

I am not sure I will be able to take in a race. I still get hampered by a vission problem if I push a fast pace for about 30 minutes, I think it is migrane related but mostly only happens in fas dez riding. Next ride out I am going to try "Migra Health" for a week or two before riding and see if that helps. Going fast with no depth perception and double vission sux. :(

Next ride??? But Thanksgiving is out for me.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Thats strange, I cleared it out this morning, and there was only 3 messages in it today. :think:

Top Bottom