woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
GUYS!! To quote Smitdogs daughter from another thread - SUNDAYS RIDE WAS A-W-E.. S-O-M-Eeee!! For anyone who wasnt there, all of the riders that were there asked me to be sure and pass on that Horseshoe Lakes new trails are not much of an improvement. The terrain at the shoe must have built in Whoops because the whole system is nothing but unrideable and not much fun at all :laugh: We continue to encourage everyone to take our advice and stay at Cedar Creek :rotfl:
Marlin and Matt - thanks for the sandwiches (I say that now that its been 24 hours Pat :nener: ), Jeremy - THANKS for the excellent info on modern day D/Sing (I am good at B/Sing but needed lessons on the latter), YZMAN - thanks for being there and putting up with me again, Larry - thanks for keeping Chris from killing all of us and Chris - thanks for NOTHING :eek: (not really, thanks for being sooo nice to Jeremy - showing him around and all!!).
Here is a tidbit of news.. When I got home I found out that we had passed Young Ted on the trip out :( He went ahead and rode some by himself before coming back to my house to chat. He did get to visit with Chris and Jeremy for a while in the dark after they came back in.. Ted went and rode with Randy and Bob for the Monday ride today - I missed it but was still able to have breakfast with the "Monday Riders" before shooting back home to get ready for PT..
At any rate, here is a pic of the Sunday group as well as a pic of our "Monday Riders" having breakfast at Daniels!
I took my screw gun up to Daniels this morning with some screws to give INCA a fresh "shoeing" but Timer would have no part of it - hey Ted, you do ok today???
Get the screws in and lets ride!
Woodsy

Attachments

• Dec05255.JPG
    Dec05255.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 123
  • Dec06269.JPG
    Dec06269.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 125

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
There was another remark made about screws that will not appear here or elsewhere either. Woodsy headed south while Bob, Randy and I headed for White Cloud, with about two inches of snow on the ground. As usual, I have no idea where we are going, I just follow as best I can. Bob heads north dodging some puddles and going through the rest and Randy brings up the rear. The snow is wet enough that there is still decent traction and not bad at all without the screws. At the first stop Bob and Randy trade places and that's the way we stay. At one water hole, Randy goes right and for some unknown reason I have to be different and go left through the deep part, stall out and half tip over. My boo boo for the day. Most of the time I keep Randy in sight or am right behind him, and get ahead of Bob a little now and then. Matched quite well in my opinion. My 250 compared to their 400 and 426, was an advantage in being able to hook up. Somewhere along the way we where on a snowmobile trail, I think, and I got all the way up to 5th gear and 21 MPH. On a gravel road that had packed snow from car traffic and going downhill, Randy went down, put up a hand to warn me and was going again before I got to him.
By the time we got to 11 Mile Rd. I was able to run 3rd gear without much trouble at all. At that point it was decision time. We opted to skip Bitely and start back after taking a break by a fire Randy started with the help of Bob's gasoline. The others had time restraints also, so that helped in the deciding. We start back following our tracks and now I find myself up to 4th. gear and doing OK. Randy is feeling fine too as I see his front wheel in the air three times in the first mile. When the trail gets to a short section of gravel road, Randy stops and looks at the left side of his bike. He had to stop - the chain was wadded around the countershaft sprocket. A side plate next to the master link gave out. Randy knows where we are and with vehicle keys and Bob's bike heads for the parking lot. So Bob and I spend the hour and six minutes getting reacquainted. I had not seen him since the first Woodsy meeting on the Boon trail last year. So we eventually made it back on the time schedule but not the way it was supposed to.
Some pictures of the ride are still in the camera and I'll get then up when ready, later on today or tomorrow. Inca is still in the van yet. I make time to go to Michigan to ride and don't have it to do everything here at home. No complaints, enjoying living and having a ball. Thanks to all for your part.

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I finially dug my camera outta my pile of riding gear and uploaded my photo's. The one turned out pretty good. Even if it is of ol Woodsy :nener:

Attachments

• PC040022.JPG
    PC040022.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 106
  • PC040023.JPG
    PC040023.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 118

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ok Don, you started it...
At least ol Woodsy didnt get caught in this "compromising" situation :nener: Notice how eager Huby is to get his pic taken :rotfl:

Attachments

• Dec05248.JPG
    Dec05248.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 127

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
You guys are next to terrible. Good thing the lake is an insulator part of the time anyway.
Here are two pictures of the ride in the snow.

Young Ted

Attachments

• The Three.JPG
    The Three.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Young Ted.JPG
    Young Ted.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 112

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
That new headlight looks pretty good on the KTM there Ted. Looks like you guys had a blast riding in all that snow.

Top Bottom