Woodsy Ride Report: On Any Monday Trail Riders: Ride Date 12 April 2005

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Captain's Log: Trail Date 12 - 04 - 05

0900 hours - Wake up ya louse - your suppose to ride today.
0910 - actually open eyes
0950 - brush teeth
0960 - put boots on wrong feet
0961 - tell wife and daughter I love them as they are taking money from my wallet to go shopping while I am out playing.
0970 - leave for Cedar
0971 - forgot gas - went back to garage
1010 - arrive Cedar Creek
1011 - upset because no new riders, gotta ride with lowlifes again, no Bigeasy or nephew CW - consider going home but to nice of a day
1020 - noticed friend Larry still has screws in front and back tires on his CR - says he will try to take it easy on trails
1022 - LT announces that he would like to drive north in cars instead of riding bikes North - convinced him otherwise by saying he would have to pay for gas.
1050 - Ted makes snippy comment about whether or not I am going to get everybody lost again.
1060 - depart for "atta way"
1120 - have our "Monday Riders Drag Race" - LT and Larry battle for lead
1121 - LT and Larry disappear in cloud of dust just as it appears Larry is winning
1125 - While in forward motion going across field I converse with Larry about beating LT.
1126 - Handle bar on my TTR225 goes under Larrys barkbuster perfecty locking bars together
1126.5 - Forward motion comes to sliding halt
1126.8 wipe dirt out of teeth and eyes
1128 - ask Larry why he did that
1140 - Larry finishes explaining why fall was my fault
1141 - I thank Larry for not falling on top of me
1200 - proceed North by Northwest with expetition
1300 - pull into small old church by Walkerville to use outside portipotty - oder from poo-poo in riding pants that happened during earlier dirt sampling is starting to smell.
1312 - outhouse starts to shake and move from side to side
1313 - I scream for whoever is trying to tip over the outhouse to STOP IT!!!
1314 - Run out of outhouse to see 2 apprentice ROTTEN SUCKERS and one Master Of The Rotten Sucker trade laughing at me..
1320 - LT notices his rear tire is flat
1322 - LT leaves us standing by old church and goes toward Walkerville to see if he can fix tire
1323 - Woodsy, Ted and Larry laugh at Randy because he thinks we are behiind him but we arent and he NEVER looks back!
1350 - Arrive Walkerville, Randy's tire still flat
1351 - INCA has bad oil leak
1475 - Ted and Woodsy repair INCA while other two chowderheads eat sandwiches/drink pop and ask how the repair is doing
1515 - gas up
1530 - LT announces he and Larry are not going further
1530.5 - Woodsy annouces he and Ted are not going home
1531 - LT trys to explain to me how to find trail north of us
1532 - I explain to LT that I dont need any help as I always know exactly where I am
1550 - Randy and Larry go back to Muskegon I notice they are laughing and shaking their heads as I depart with Young Ted to parts unknown.
1551 - feeling of being lost is starting to set in.
1575 - though not announced to crew - I am certain that indeed we are LOST!
1600 - MCCCT appears out of no where!!
1601 - After using my expertese in Trail Locating I stop for brief reminder session to remind Young Ted to never, never NEVER do I want to hear him say that I get us lost as I just successfully got us to the parts unknown.
1650 - After riding single track for many miles, riding two track for many more miles we came to intersection.. I made wrong turn
1651 - made another wrong turn
1651.5 - still another wrong turn and I fear my leadership skill is back in question
1700 - arrive "Whats His Faces" on US10
1702 - Ted and I laugh because "Whats His Face" is not outside selling gas out of 55 gallon drum for 3.90 a gallon like at ROS!
1800 - arrive Lincoln Hills Bridge - THE BOON TRAIL - after over a year of not riding my favorite trail I am surprised to find it in perfect shape!!
1810 - see "sign" for first time!! REALLY SPECIAL!!
1811 - take some pics - ride some trail and head home
1860 - arrive Irons for gas - I go on reserve 2 mile out of town - Ted runs dry as we pull into lot - whew!!
1900 - leave for home "flying by guages" (Teds new GLS system)
2000 - getting dark and VERY cold!! Feels like -20 but actual air temp is 36.
2050 - Ted notices ice on the side of the road
2100 - Arrive Walkerville - Ted mumbles something about this spot looking familiar
2250 - still dark and much colder as we arrive back at Cedar Creek with 210 miles down for the day!
2251 - Ask Ted if he would like to sleep at my house
2252 - Ted can not turn me down this time because he is frozen solid and he cant talk!
2300 - arrive at CW's house to fix his tractor before goign home
2305 - borrow CW's kerosene heater to thaw Ted out
2350 - Ted is able to talk again and he says he is TIRED! NOTE - first time I have ever heard him say this even though he is only 77 years old !
2360 - arrive home, fill Ted with Chicken Noodle soup, build fire in wood stove for him and show him to extra bedroom (sheesh, some people want EVERYTHING - food, heat AND SLEEP :laugh:
0030 - snoring coming from extra bedroom where YOung Ted sleepeth!

WOW WHAT A DAY!!! If your not riding your missing it - IT IS AWESOME OUT THERE!!
Woodsy

Last edited:

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
I was afraid to open this thread knowing how long some of Woodsy's paragraphs are :nener:

Woodsy I noticed that you are using a 100 minute per hour clock, sure glad we only use a 60 minute clock here :laugh: cuase the days are long enough with out adding more minutes per hour :coocoo:

I think that this was the first trail report that I have been able to finish during my 60 minute lunch :laugh:

Keep em coming

Brian

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
210 Miles WOW! How many single track, how many 2track, how many road?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Woodsy...how did you remember all that??? I can barely remember what happened this morning.

Oh yeah...now I remember...too many head injuries!
We're heading to the ZMX Martin track Saturday...anyone want to go?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Curtis - Pretty much an even spit as far as road/two track/single trail time went.. Of course the road time home seemed longer to us because we about froze, no, actually Ted was a Tedsickle - solid thru and thru...

MXgirl - Have you had much experience with "Traumatic Experiences"? A Phycologist once told me that children who have a traumatic experience when they are 1 year old can remember it into adulthood..
My daughter, Sarah is studing to be a doctor. She did very well in her undergraduate work and my wife and I went to an "Honors Awards Night" for her last Monday night. After she had received campus top honors for Bio-Medical Major I over heard one of her Professers asking her how much time she had spent watching TV as a child... Her response was "my parents have never been much for viewing Television - in fact we still only get one channel on TV!".. The response was "WHAT - no TV?". To which my daughter replied - "thats right - we didn't need TV - we had my Dad".
Now I am not saying that I traumatized my kids but I am saying that they seemed to be suffiecently entertained by my own trauma that they never needed outside sources of entertainment..
I guess what it comes down to is if you focus on remembering the big things the little things just seem to fall into place... By the way, concerning remembering things, did you read my last report where I lost my bike?? Obviously I still forget sometimes!!
Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Fill In Time

Brian - It was a long day, close to 11 hours, this format for a report is good. It isn't actually 100 minutes to the hour, but the hour in hundreths with the decimal left out. You got to read his diatribe during lunch, I woke up to it. Woodsy was a motel night clerk in another era as he ran of a copy and stuck in the door. It was the first thing I saw when I woke up. What a way to start the day.

Tracie - What actually happened isn't hard to remember. The times is another matter. The answer is that BLIPY is equipped with ARS. It is so sensitive you have to be careful all the time about everything.

Rich & Don - You bang your heads after the fact. Woodsy and I bang them first, then go riding.

This is my part for the Lincoln Bridge area. Woodsy leads across the bridge and up the two track, stops at the single track, and says - "you lead". For once I know exactly where I am and why, tell him he should go first. The sign is within sight but he doesn't know it. The pictures are here. You will no doubt notice that Woodsy doesn't look his normal self. Say what you will about toughness but there are times when emotions take over and rule. We have wanted to get up that way for a while, so this was a goal achieved. The ride was well worth the 'frozen' part that came later. The song - Memories Are Made Of This - is applicable.

Young Ted

Attachments

• Woodsy 1.JPG
    Woodsy 1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 127
  • Tree Hugger.JPG
    Tree Hugger.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 124

dparker

Aug 31, 2004
Hey Woodsy
I love your reports- what a blast. They just make me want to ride even more. By the way my name is Doug I am Curtis's brother who he infected with this strange dirt bike disease a year ago. It has now spread to my 14 year old son Alex. We are both hooked and ride every- other weekend. I can't think of anything I would rather do with my kids!!!!
Doug

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ted; you’re a keeper! That sign is something else, even stone can turn to slippery mud.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
70 marlin said:
Ted; you’re a keeper! That sign is something else, even stone can turn to slippery mud.

Pat, trust me - there wasnt a dry spot of ground within 50 feet of that tree by the time we got out of there - VERY TOUCHING!!
What an awesome friend that Ted del Solar is - trouble, YES but the best kind of trouble there is!!! Simply put, I couldnt/wouldnt have been able to be there without him (or the rest of you guys for that matter) and I will NEVER forget it!!
Sounds like Fred T. is next - lets support him!!
Woodsy

Top Bottom