squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well…I had a GREAT ride this weekend! :yeehaw:

Yesterday afternoon, Papakeith and I took a trip to a new riding place we had heard of here in good ol’ RI. I got geared up, PK warmed my bike up, and I was off. PK had to fix his flat tire before he could join me…

I tooled around for a bit to check the place out, seeing as I hadn’t been there before. There is plenty of sand, woods, hills, mud, and especially rocks to go around! So, I heeded PK’s advice, kept the front wheel light and the speed up, and over the rocks I flew. :) And at some points I was really flying…PK said he was impressed with my speed and the fact that I stopped on a dime! Thanks for the word of encouragement!

Well…onto my accomplishments for the day…

Accomplishment # 1: Once PK fixed his tire, he followed me around so I could venture into areas I didn’t dare go alone. I found an area with some nice hills and puddles. At one point I was on a sort of a ledge and found myself with only one way to go…down! At the bottom of this hill was a puddle, but I thought it was a lake! Well, I stalled while contemplating the hill, PK went down, and reassured me that it was just a puddle. I contemplated a little more, kicked the bike over, and down I went. WHEW…that was easy! Every time after that I was fine!

Accomplishment # 2: After the down hill with the lake was another up hill that led into a small patch of woods. Into the woods I went when I came across a slight off-camber (I believe that’s what PK told me it was called…) hill…up I tried to go, and stalled. “Feather the clutch” PK tells me. I roll down, kick the bike and try again. Stalled again…hmmm, now I’m really getting frustrated and my right leg is getting tired. Well, about six more tries and I finally get it. But, I only get it after PK goes to fix his tire again! The next time I try I stall again but I get it on the second try, then I finally got it on the first try! YAHOOOO! :yeehaw:

Accomplishment # 3: I see a steep hill that leads up into what I think is a patch of woods. Up I go only to find out that it leads to another sandpit like area with some down hills and lots of rocks. I wuss out on one of the hills because there’s a huge rock at the bottom, well knowing the whole time if I don’t look at it I won’t crash into it. But, I decided to not do it right then and there...so I rolled down the hill instead of rode down the hill. Well, I may be a girl but I’m certainly not a wimp (most of the time). Later in the day I decide to tackle that hill. Up I go, around the corner, I look down the hill (but not at the rock!) and down I go. I tried it one more time to make sure I had it, and I did! No problem…

Finally, accomplishment # 4: This is the one I am most proud of! After riding for the day, PK and I pack it up and drive home. I scrub my bike to get it as clean as I can, since PK decided to give me an initiation into the game that he and the boys play called who can roost who more. Well, I don’t know how to roost so needless to say I had a bit of mud on me and on my bike. Anyway, that’s off the subject….I pushed the bike through my backyard, up the ramp, and INTO THE SHED! I didn’t think I was that strong…but I was wrong!

Well, I am ready for my next challenge…Paragon! I can’t wait…until then…

~Samantha~

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
excellent ride report !
I spent most of the afternoon patching, repatching, and repatching my front tire. I was trying a new type of tube repair called scabbs. The product was worthless. From now on, I'll stick to rubber cement, and a rubber patch.

Anyway, Squeaky did great. It's really been cool to watch her progress over the last month or so.
next week she is going to tackle Paragon Adventure Park with the Damn Yankees.

:Yeehaw:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome ride report!!!  You can really tell you are enjoying yourself out there!!  Keep having fun!! :confused:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That's awesome to hear! All of those accomplishments just make you feel like a hero. That is what riding is all about.

Top Bottom