Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
John and placelast, I'm on for Saturday. I can meet you at the main campground (the one where they sign up for the Wild Piglet/Boar) about 9:30. John, I hope you know the trails or have a map, because I have only ridden there with other people who know the area. :ugg:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
That's right, John: you da man; I haven't been there in decades, let alone have figured out how to get there from the south other than going north on 101 then swinging NE off of the 101, but I absolutely will make it if I can get some decent directions once there. If I remeber right ly there is one entrance from the south, and it crosses a stream.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Boy are you guys hitching your wagon to the wrong horse. :confused:
The couple of times that I have been there I've either been following arrows or following Les, Justin or FramerJohn.

Luckily I own a pen and a piece of paper. We can plan our rides from the map that is now posted at the campground (I hope). I know enough to get back.

9:30 :thumb:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by Jonala
FramerJohn
:think:

fwiw, I will be down there on Sunday.

I just got off the phone with my sister & if someone would like to stop by her house in Hollister Friday evening or Saturday morning, she is willing to give you A nice shinney new CCMA map.

e-mail me @ [email protected] :thumb:

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
John, I do know a few trails, but I run out of those fairly quickly. Can you get a map from FarmerJohn's sister? Maybe we can find one down there at the campground.

I'll see you guys around 9:30 Saturday morning at the campground.

Jim

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'll see you guys around 9:30 Saturday morning at the campground.

Jim

Which campground?

My stats/identify-ables: white T-100 Xtra Cab w/yellow bike. Others?

Farmer: If UR riding, may I tag along Sunday? If so, details? (Sorry - e-mail account down.)

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by placelast
Farmer: If UR riding, may I tag along Sunday? If so, details?

Yes, yes you may. Oak flat campground (first one as you drive in) 9:00/9:30.
White chevy diesel w/94 KTM 440 and/or white chevy box van with "AFTERSHOCKS" on the side.

What are you driving? Still on the RMX?

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
okay-okay I am an airhead. I did not pick up placelast's info when I read it the first time.

Too many John's in this post. ;)

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
When I was there a couple weeks ago, the ranger gave everybody a new map. I think I still have mine. It wasn't very useful and it seemed to conflict with the trails we were on. We were more or less lost just before sundown, but we made it back before dark.

If I show up I'll bring my purple KDX (with flames!) in my green Sonoma unless I can convince a co-worker to come with and drive his Tacoma.

By main campground I assume you mean Oak Flat.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
OK - to summarize:

Saturday @ 9:30

Bigbird
Jonala (default leader)
D36-108A + co-worker (iffy)
Placelast

Sunday @ 9:00/9:30:

Farmer John
Placelast

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Co-worker went from iffy to no. Looks like I'll have to make the 3.5 hr drive myself and I'll be at the end of that 9:30 arrival time.

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
BIGBIRD would love to riding but going to the Supercross Race. I checked the results for Prairie City WHAT HAPPEND? I hope nothing serious since you are riding this weekend.

Everyone have a good fun safe ride.

steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
How would you all feel about a 'newbie' tag-a-long? Novice and a little rusty rider. Relatively new to the Bay Area (work in Bezerkeley) and never been to Clear Creek?

Pete
KTM 400EXC

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
How would you all feel about a 'newbie' tag-a-long? Novice and a little rusty rider. Relatively new to the Bay Area (work in Bezerkeley) and never been to Clear Creek?

Pete: I'll defer to the others since it's not my territory nor my thread, but heck - being a former member of the SoCa Wrecking Crew, new to the area, and awfully anxious to ride (somewhere, anywhere: please help me!), I invited myself, so I don't see anything wrong with you doing the same; I never met these guys sans FJ but have no reservations whasoever.

As far as you skill, well, it's all for fun and you should be able to get up to speed in no time, especially on that fine bike of yours. Judging from what (leader/trail boss) Jonala & BB have said re: needing a map, we will likely be in the scout/exploratory mode (lesser speeds).

Let us know what your tow vehicle is so we can flag you down.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom