a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thinking on planning a ride the last Saturday of August at Beaumont. Anyone up for it or does it need to be a different day. Just getting a concensus and opinions. It'll be a great ride and I should have a camel back by then!:D Let me know. We should make is early so's to beat the heat. Meet around 0700 and ride till 1100 + or -.
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm good for either.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
are you people on drugs or something? :p

if i fly back to england and get myself another killer bout of jet lag i might just be able to get out of bed for that time! but since i am not, i expect that weekend (pending the bike getting back together) will involve a leisurely afternoon track ride!

have fun and stay safe!

bc

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You've gotta come with us Bruce. This place is great, all kinds of stuff to do, jumps, trains, jumps, whoops, jumps and a great, I mean GREAT run through the creek in the trees. Might have to replace the Gilligan's Island ride that 89er talked of.:D We need to video the run through the creek bed, it's incredible. You'd really like this place, come one, give it go chap!:)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
please remind me nearer the time, i am half way through changing the top end but i am so busy at work i dont know when i will get time to put it back together.....in addition i went with a forged piston so i want to do a thorough break in. but that said i want to come, is the area visible from the 60 freeway....when i took the wife to palm springs, i checked out a really cool looking area just of that road either before or after beaumont.
i will let Bill P know, since he might be interested also.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yes, it is the place you saw. Bill P, off the track!? :yeehaw: I figured I wouldn't see him until September.:D

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
It'll be a great ride and I should have a camel back by then!:D
Elk

Phhhhhhtttttttttt :confused: You better have one! :scream:

I think I can make this one. Either day.

WooHoo :yeehaw: . Have not been there in a very long time.

7:00 AM??? :scream: You sure about that one elk??

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Well I didnt really pay attention to the post. I thought it was for this weekend. I am open and available for Sat. the 31st. I will be there.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by bclapham
are you people on drugs or something? :p
bc

Yep, pure adrenaline. :scream: The only drug to be on. :)

Come on out Bruce, the more the merrier. :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
OK, here's the directions:

If you're coming from the 10 heading East, take it to the San Timoteo/14th street exit. It's the last exit before the 10 and 60 come together in Beaumont. Go right at the end of the ramp and you'll see railroad tracks to your left. Follow the road for approximately 1/2 mile and you'll see a break in the tracks and a road across them. Take that dirt road and follow it down into the river bed. Go across and veer to the right a bit. You'll come out and should see a concrete type village and trees. We park there. It's only about a 1/4 + past the railroad tracks to where we park.

If you are coming from the 60 East, I believe you have to go past the 10 merge and exit at the first exit. Turn around and go back West and take the 10 freeway to the 14th street/San Timoteo Canyon exit. At the end of the ramp, turn left over the freeway and follow the same directions as above.

We can meet and caravan out if you guys want. We'll see who's in and go from there next week. I'd like to be at the riding area by 0700 because itmay get warm out there. Most of what we drive willmake it out across the river bed, a little sandy and bumpy and I think only the elk won't make it. We haven't been bothered out there so it should be fine. As long as we don't jump the highway, we are pretty much safe!:D

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Sounds good to me either day. I'll be sure to drop some water bottles along the trail for the ride back.
:moon:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If I dont have to work Im there. After all its always fun dodging water bottle projectiles as I ride. Hey KTMBoy if I can make it, do you want a lift?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
So far I'm going, Elk Jr. and his bud, that's three.:D

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
sorry, but i am out also. i remembered about my cracked gas tank, i can only run about 1 gal in it otherwise it get messy! not good for getting lost in the desert!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's not the desert you dork! We are only a couple of miles from the trucks at most!:thumb::)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
We are only a couple of miles from the trucks at most!:thumb::)

Yea, good thing for you elk. :confused: :)

btw, Sunday would be best for me. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh man 89er, I've got hidden plans for the mrs. that morning. can you make it Saturday?

Hey, Robin Hood, grab a map and check the location!:)

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I've got hidden plans for the mrs. that morning

I always have secret plans for things to do with my wife.

It works out great, :yeehaw: until she finds out, then I have to actually do it. :think:

Top Bottom