slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Well I did it after 18 days and 5000 miles I rode my giant dirt bike (BMW r1100gs) to Inuvik above the Artic Circle. About a year ago I was looking at a map of Canada and saw that there was a dirt road that went from Dawson City to Inuvik 960 miles round trip. I thought to myself , self that could be a fun trip on the Beemer. Anyway it was beyond awesome!!! When you leave Dawson City and set out on the Dempster Highway it is 240 miles to the first fuel stop in Eagle Plains you dont want to run out of fuel, because there are lots of bears along the road, not just your average black and brown bears but grizzly bears. The vistas are unreal as the road winds through the mountains. You can run about 60 or 70 through most sections as the rode is well maintained. You can ride for hours and not see another soul. From Eagle Plains it is only about 26 miles to the official Artic Circle then through some more mountains and then across 200 miles of tundra and you arrive in Inuvik. Luckily I only had one flat tire some people I had talked to said they had as many as 6. I am still in Canada but as soon as I get home I will write a decent trip summary with photos.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome!  Did you do this trip on your own?  What a great accomplishment, I look forward to your lenghthier ride report :thumb:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
My wife went with me as she is the photographer.... she has tons of pictures that I will share with you guys as soon as she sorts through them.

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
now THAT is an adventure! Congrats to you and the wife on the accomplishment, sounds like a great article for a dirt bike mag or the Beemer club publication.
Can't wait to see the pics!
LOL, I have rented a scooter on Isla Mujeres a couple of times and
thought that was a fun... Arctic Circle, yowza!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Excellent :worship:

Sounds like a blast and I'm looking forward to the full ride report.  By the way, did you see any Lemmings on the Tundra :laugh:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Cool
Used to be a dream of mine to ride to Alaska, Im hoping my kids will want to go in a few years when they can drive.
Congrats on the sucsesful trip

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I had so many pictures I decided to just do a slideshow ride report you can check it out athttp://groups.msn.com/TimandLizBrown/arcticadventuresummer2003.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=277

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom