johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Hello,

I'm thinking of relocating to San Diego in the next year. What's the riding like out there? I mostly ride MX. I don't race, just practice. I do like to trail ride too, if there are nice spots.

Also, would I have a problem "importing" my 2002 KTM 125 SX to Kalifornia?

Thanks!

John

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
YES!

Here in the DC/MD/VA area, I have like 2 places to ride.

Are there lots of practice tracks in the SD area? I'm really not good enough to race.

Thanks!

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Check out www.proride.com

It will give you an idea of the tracks within 1 to 1.5 hours from San Diego.

There are also quite a few desert and trailriding areas in Central and SoCal.

Hope to see ya soon... :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You'll probably seize up when you see all the tracks and riding areas you have to choose from! You can ride a track in the morning and then hit the beach in the afternoon. Can't beat that with a stick.

Elk

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Now the only thing that sucks is that houses appear to be more expensive than the ultra expensive DC metro area.

Anyone have any suggestions on nice areas that are somewhat reasonable to live?

Thanks!

John

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Give us an idea of sq ft, location ( SD is a big area ) and price range

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
well, it would be me and my girlfriend, plus maybe one room mate to help lower the cost. I'd like a townhouse or single family home... Nothing too big. I do want a garage to keep my toys in though. = ) I'd be looking for 3-4 bedrooms, etc.

Any ideas? We are both professionals.... I'm 26 and she is 22. I'm thinking the most I'd be comfortable with is $220,000 to 250,000 range. I'm not sure what that gets me in SD though.

Thanks!

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Thanks for the help! One more question... Can you think of other SD suburbs that might be 30-45 miles from SD?

Just out of curiosity, what would the traffic be like going from Temecula to SD during rush hour?

Thanks!

John

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
If you don't mind the commute the Temecula / Murrieta area is nice. That's where I live but I have a 120 mile daily commute to contend with.

Let me know what area of San Diego are you working? I could give you an idea of the commute and traffic that you will have to deal with from Temecula.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by johnpace2

Can you think of other SD suburbs that might be 30-45 miles from SD?

If that Home advisor link worked, it should show you all the suburbs around SD. all with 30-45mins.

I'll let Desert_Racer fill you in on the traffic, hell I live in murrieta, my office is in temecula ( 5 mins away ) and I bitch about the traffic on winchester

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Thanks guys!

Hey Desert Racer. I'm still living in MD, but I figured SD would give me the best opportunity to find a job as a Financial Analyst. (there seemed to be lots of jobs posted online)

I'm currently working for a consulting firm... Anyway, I'd be more than happy living and working in a SD suburb if I can find a job there.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks again.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
JPIVEY ... That's cause at times the traffic on Winchester is worse that the traffic on the freeway.

(Temecula City Planner thinking - on)
- Hmmm Lets build 100,000 new homes and not improve the roads ... What I get a kickback from the builders ... That's even better .. Go ahead and build 200,000 new homes...
(Temecula City Planner thinking - off)

Sorry I got sidetracked....

Johnpace2 - Actually Temecula is a very nice place to live. It is just like everywhere else in SoCal ... It's growing quickly ...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom