sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
If Muenster and Barnwell get a bunch of rain, I'm thinking of going up to Kiamichi Saturday. Riding is great up there regardless of the rain. It's fun riding up trails that have become streams!

Anyone else interested? You up for another swimming expedition Jim?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
So far, it looks like it shouldn't be too bad down here, so I'm leaning toward Muenster. You should come out, Seldon. I enjoyed those gnarly trails you led us on last time; I'd like to do some more of that. Plus, Alan and I have a secret trail you'd enjoy riding.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Right now I'm leaning towards Barnwell with my sons Daniel and Benjamin. I'll talk with them this evening and see if they would prefer Muenster. Sounds fun.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I don't think I'm up for the long drive to Gilmer tomorrow. I think I'm Muenster-bound. Hope you and your boys have a great time, whereve you decide to go. Maybe we should do Kiamichi next weekend, supercross weekend?

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Going to Muenster Sat. 9:30ish with a friend. My Gray Silverado (RRMT sticker on back window) w/YZ, his Red Silverado w/CR. We'll be at the front just to the right of the sign-in if anyone wants to meet.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim: We're heading to Muenster (in a few minutes!). See you there.

yarbonwick: Jim and I (and many other NTSP'ers) often park through the 2nd gate, down to the right in the general vicinity of the big pavillion or surrounding trees. I'll be there with a champagne-color Suburban and trailer.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Sorry guys. Didn't see this until I got back home. Myself and a friend went and, although it was just the two of us we had a great ride. Because we didn't have our normal slacker we were able to ride a good pace. Ran the LMS course, atleast of what wasn't closed, ie. Bills Woods/Pete's Gate. Been telling myself for the longest time to get a radiator guard...well it happened. Climbing up a snott infested rocky hill the YZ came on the pipe abrutly and I had two choices: 1) Stay on and enjoy the ride 2) Dismount. I tried #1 but quickly found myself migrating to #2, up, up, over, BAM. Bent radiator. Luckly not a leaker. I seriously need to tone this beast down. About as close to a KTM powerband as bottle-rocket is to the space shuttle. Which reminds me...I miss my KTM, but LOVE the YZ power. Makes you sweat like a virgin in a prison rodeo.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon, had a great ride with y'all. Ben and Daniel rode well; it was fun watching them. Alan and I stayed until 6 p.m., rode about 45 miles total that day. I enjoy the little 200, but I was glad to get back home on my 450. I may try a Kiamichi trip next weekend, if you're interested.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim: we had fun. Thanks a lot for letting Benjamin ride your bikes. He really loved the 450. I rode a conservative pace while he was on it. I could tell after a short while that he had adapted pretty well to it and wanted to go faster. I rode a moderate pace to help temper his enthusiasm! Thanks again.

I'll be doing some maintenance Saturday. I've got to pull the clutch cover off and check out the kick-start on the 280. I'm definitely up for Kiamichi (or CrossBar) sometime soon.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon: Lust and Darrel and a bunch of KTMtalkers are going to Crossbar on the 7th. I'll be fishing for stripers. After this weekend, I may not ride again until I leave for New Mexico on the 27th. I have to rebuild the top end of the 300, adjust valves on the 450, and rejet all four bikes for 4,000 feet elevation, plus gather all camping gear and get it ready. Whew!

Top Bottom