SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hello all, I'm from Canada, but I want to go riding in Washington State at the Little Pend Oreille Riding Area. Do I need any permits, etc to ride in Washington state? Thanks.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm not aware of needing any out of state licensing requirements. Cause I know that I have to get state ORV tags or license and I must have current month/year tabs. Out of the many years I've been ridding I've only been stopped and asked to show proof of it like 2 times ever. I think just as long as your bike registration is current and you got a spark arrestor you should be fine. I'm not 100% positive on this but I have never heard of needing like a special permit from the department of licensing for this.

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Are there licensing requirements in BC? If so, then current registration there (and proof of) should be sufficient. If not, then I think you might need a trip permit or something of that nature. here is the DOL site:

http://www.dol.wa.gov

Ditto on MXPIMP's post, pretty unlikely you will be checked, depending on where you ride, and how busy it is. Do get an arrestor, though, it's pretty common to be ticketed for that.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I have a spark arrestor. BC does not require any registration for off-road use. I've contacted two people that gave me conflicting replies. One said that I need nothing, the other said I need a permit, so I don't know who to believe.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Here are the pertinent RCWs (laws). Basically, if the rider has valid stickers from his home location, he should be good to visit. If his home location has no registration requirements, he can get a temp permit good for sixty days.

RCW 46.09.070
Application for ORV use permit.

(1) Application for annual or temporary ORV use permits shall be made to the department or its authorized agent in such manner and upon such forms as the department shall prescribe and shall state the name and address of each owner of the off-road vehicle.

(3) A temporary use permit is valid for sixty days. Application for a temporary permit shall be accompanied by a fee of two dollars. The permit shall be carried on the vehicle at all times during its operation in the state.

(4) Except as provided in RCW 46.09.050, any out-of-state operator of an off-road vehicle shall, when operating in this state, comply with this chapter, and if an ORV use permit is required under this chapter, the operator shall obtain an annual or temporary permit and tag.

RCW 46.09.050
Vehicles exempted from ORV use permits and tags.
ORV use permits and ORV tags shall be required under the provisions of this chapter except for the following:

(5) Off-road vehicles owned by a resident of another state that have a valid ORV permit or vehicle license issued in accordance with the laws of the other state. This exemption shall apply only to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of that state.

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
You can get temporary permits here in Washington at any local licensing ageny like Albertson's Food Markets, Payless Drug Stores, etc.... Just depends on where they run them from.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Colville should do, there is a government building right on the main street.
Here is the infor for the State department of licensing, they should be able to answer all your questions.
I would just remeber that it is now hunting season, and by October 14th is modern deer season, this is when all the idiots come out. Right now it's Bow, season, generally you won't run into these folks, yet during modern they will be around every corner.
Have fun :thumb:
Colville
172 S Wynne St
Colville, WA 99114-2432
Tues, Wed, Fri 8:30-5:30
Thurs 9:30-5:30
Sat 8:30-Noon
(509) 684-7410

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
If you want to ride some logging roads in a National Forest I can show you where in Idaho, only 50 miles from Little Pend Oreille Riding Area. I could use a rideing partner. It gets kinda boring by yourself. I think the permit situation is the same for Idaho

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
If you are going to be riding in an area open to hunting it would be a real good idea to go buy an orange hunting vest.

Steve

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom