holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Here's a guy that posts about riding the +30 vet class when he's only in his 20's. He says "they" let him. Some people seem to be okay with it, almost to point where it seems common practice.

Is it just me, or does this seem a bit wrong? :confused:

Thread below.......

http://www.proride.com/foruma/viewtopic.php?t=4109&start=15

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Gee, I dunno Ron.

He got 5th in the Novice class of 4 riders. Is he bragging or complaining?? :confused: :) :)

Sounds lke moving to an older class didn't do him much good anyway. :thumb:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It looks like he ran that class to fill the gate enough so Yamaha would pay contingency. Stuff like that happens all the time at local races where they are short of guys. In years past I know a retired pro who for the right price used to get coaxed into lining up and doing the minimum required laps so that the other pro's could collect contingency money based on meeting the minimum amount off riders on the gate.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i protested a guy once that was 26 and racing in the 30+. i was running for series points and he beat me. he said it was just a "fun" class. i figured he could fun his way up to the scoring tower and disqualify himself.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by spktm2
I am 46 and enter 30+ and nobody say's a word

That's cuz' you're over 30. ;)

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I'm 15 and have a YZ80. If my dad ever decides to let me race do you think that i could race out of class, but i would problably not place, seeing as they arent very many womens classes(only one in Unadilla)?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by spktm2
boy drn'ers are quick!

I had the feeling you were jesting, but I wasn't sure. :laugh: You youngsters are pretty smart (I'm 48).

I wonder if I could ride the +50 class........ :confused:

Last edited:

spktm2

Jul 23, 2002
Hey Holeshot
I see you are from so cal Are you going to do the Lake El Sinore GP? It is a hoot i have done it three times ,not sure about this year

spktm2
02 cr450
no valve problems
no start problems
no problem at all

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ooooops! :eek: I guess this subject should have been in the flame forum. :confused:

Must have had a senior moment. :scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom