Riding Partners in So Oregon?

jimboe

Nov 29, 2002
What a great website - a wealth of information and resources. Thanks to those of you who created it, and to those of you who contribute your knowledge and experience.

I'm a 47-year-old dual sport rider living in the Medford, OR, area and I just bought a street-legal XR600. I have begun to explore some of the countless logging roads in So Oregon and would like to connect with other dual sport riders to share in the adventure and add a higher level of safety.

If you live nearby and would like to find some new rides or share your favorites, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jimbo
jimboe@ccountry.net

WR400Rock

Feb 27, 2001
Jimboe,

Planning on putting on a trip over the OBDR in the late summer of 03. Would you be interested in this type of adventure? More details if you would like them.

WR400Rock

Feb 27, 2001
OBDR = Oregon Back Country Discoverery Route. About 900 miles border to border. Mostly two track, some pavement, and I hope some single track options. Will require 100+ mile fuel range and probably 7 days to ride. Some camping some other options. GPS will be very useful to locate the route and stay on the course.

jimboe

Nov 29, 2002
Ok, you've got my attention. Is this an established route, like the OR Trail? or a route you determined yourself? What is the route? so I can look at it on a map. It must be up and back to make 900 miles. Are you going to take a WR400? Sounds like a ride for a BMW GS. What's a GPS and how much horsepower does it add/consume? Actually, I was thinking of getting a GPS, but I've never used one and have no idea what features I'd need vs want. What do you suggest?

Feel free to e-mail me to save DRN users from witnessing my ignorance.

Jimbo
jimboe@ccountry.net

WR400Rock

Feb 27, 2001
Please contact me via e-mail at corder@rah.net. I'll provide you the details then.

Thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…