Riding trails around Bozeman MT.

Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
Any KDX's out there know of any good trails / tracks in the Bozeman Montana area? I have been searchingthe web and have found nothing. Any help would be greatly apreciated!!

kidkeith

Apr 30, 2006
I'm from Bozeman MT but currently live in ND. As far as trail riding goes in the bozeman area I know of one trail that traverses the western side of the Bridger range. It isn't widely known but you may want to contact the forest service about it. I have never ridden it nor do I know where it starts. I know in the past there have been attempts by certain groups to close it to OHV. Try hyalite canyon which has alot of logging roads. You may also want to try skunk creek road which is up bridger canyon (popular spot for snowmobilers.) Most of the area surronding bozeman has several drainages which allow some access to logging roads which may be your best bet. I wish I could give you exact places but I spent 20 years Snowboarding and Mountain biking in that area and most places we biked were closed to OHV. I just recently started dirt biking, my new found love (except for the family of course) good luck, ride safe, and have fun.

Lambkawi

Oct 31, 2005
DK, If you want some of the best riding in MT, you should go to Pipestone pass. It's probably within 80 miles of you, and some of the best riding country in the NW. Trails are marked for offroaders ,4-wheelers and dirt bikes. Some of them are just posted for bikes. It has everything, super technical washes,tight single track ,wide open double track. I don't go nearly enough. I met some guys there last year that are from Bozeman. They went every weekend. Check your local shops. I bet they could give you some tips on where to ride. :cool:

Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
Thanks Guys, I apreciate the info!! I checked a lot of websites including the DNR. They all give terrible info, you guys have gave much better info with a lot less effort!

Do either of you know about jetting up there? I have stock jetting in a 2002 KDX 200 and 220. Great pair of bikes. I am currently running stock jetting at 1000 ft of elevation (fairly rich for around here even).

Again Thanks!!!!

Top Bottom