Shock Wave

Apr 28, 2002
Jeremy, I have an 03' CRF450R. My right fork seal leaks after 2 months of off road, single track riding. This is the second time its leaked after the same amount of time of riding between seal changes. I have had the fork seal changed twice by Palo Verde Suspension in which John found no nicks or scratches. I wash and dry my forks after each ride to prevent water spots and dirt from collecting on the sliders and damaging the seals. The right fork slider looks to be in excellent condition with no scratches or nicks still. I've had no problems with the left fork. I have tried searching for the String Seal Care method and found nothing. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
SW,
I have no idea, if you are careful, and your parts are good you should have no problems...

But if you look down the page you'll see the string called seal care! Check it out..

BR,
Jer

Shock Wave

Apr 28, 2002
JR,
Is there a possibility that Honda may exchange the fork for another fork at no cost or at a discounted price. The fork is practically in excellent condition except for the seal.

I'm wondering if there is some tiny nicks or scratches on the slider that John or I couldn't see or feel and is slowly damaging the seal to the point of two monthes later it starts to show some leakage. I'll see if John L. can look at it again if Honda can't help me out. Thanks for your help.

Anybody out there ever experienced this? It's very frustrating!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom