Ozweego412

Nov 12, 2003
Do I need to replace the O-ring on the right KIPS sub-valve? Or is it just there for Identification? I wanted to change it cause I had the rod soaked in varsol and i think i may have sprayed some B-12 chemtool on it.

Thanks
Chris

Ozweego412

Nov 12, 2003
rethnal said:
When you say right.... do you mean the exhaust port facing you?

I mean the right as in the right in the manual, the only one with the o-ring. Right as if you where sitting on the bike

lankytim

Feb 26, 2004
If you're talking about the o-ring on the rod that activates the sub-valve on the non-resonator side of the engine (are there any other o-rings on the sub-valve assemblies) then I just replaced mine for the same reason - it was swollen and fit too tightly when I reassembled it. I don't know if it serves an important purpose, but the original part was only like AUD$4 so I just replaced it.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I have heard of guys not putting them back on without problems, but I think I would replace it. I just asked about the right thing because in earlier manuals they have them switched around and didn't want to see you put them in wrong :)

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I just cleaned my KIPS 2 rides ago. The O-ring was pretty worn and kinda smashed down on one side (looked bell shaped). I just greased the shaft on both sides of the O-ring and forced (and I mean FORCED) it back into place. Every thing seemed to work smoothly and the engine runs great...just like it's supposed to. As long as it's snug on the shaft and somewhat intact I don't think I'd worry about it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom