TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Anyone planning on attending the hearing on July 6th? It should be quite a spectacle. This ordinance is getting alot of attention and it is expected that a large showing of the pro-OHV community is going to show up to flame on the planners. All the Riverside County riders, and those who care in this forum need to try and attend. For those who don't feel it is important, wouldn't it suck to get cited for riding on your own property............ on a Saturday :bang: . I can't hang with being told what days I can ride. There has got to be a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TemeculaTim said:
Anyone planning on attending the hearing on July 6th? It should be quite a spectacle. .

Hey Tim.

Thanks for posting this. I plan on being there and everyone that rides in Riverside County had better be there too. This is very important for all of us since other countys and states are looking at what happens here for guidlines in their own areas.

To me this is more about private property rights than anything else. This is something that our great Country was founded on and we are losing our rights at a rapid rate. :|

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
July 6th at 3:00PM.

Riverside County Offices
Board hearing room, 1st floor.
4080 Lemon St.
Riverside, Ca. 92502

If you can't make the meeting, please write a letter to the address above Att; Mark Balys. Or email to mbalys@rctlma.org or fax, 951-955-3157.

Be positive and polite in your response and let them know how much money you spend in Riverside County on your sport and how you could take that money to another county or state if Riverside becomes too ohv unfriendly. It's all about the money. Many of us moved to Riverside County when LA and OC became ohv unfriendly and we can move on if that's what they want.

The previous meetings have shown them just how big our group is, now they are trying to come up with a way to work with us instead of chasing us off.

Let them know how you feel.
For God sakes, do sumtin'...

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Here's another

Nikki Wyrick, Planning Commission Secretary
County of Riverside Administration Center
4080 Lemon st. 9th Flr
PO box 1409
Riverside, Ca. 92502

Email: nwyrick@RCTLMA.org

Phone: 951.955.3251
Fax; 951.955.3157

This info came with the letter informing me that the county of Riverside has placed a cease and desist order on all offroad riding, including private property until new rules can be finalized

this is horse sh*t

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TemeculaTim said:
this is horse sh*t
QUOTE]

Yes it is. :|

About 5 years ago, I came on this board and tried to tell everyone about how much land we are losing and how fast we are losing it. Not very many people responded. We even had a Land Issues forum that got about as many hits as an ugly 300lb hooker. Okie soon got rid of that forum for lack of interest.

I even had a couple guys tell me to stop posting stuff about land issues. After all, this is a dirtbike site. Talk about dirtbikes. We don't want to hear about that political land crap. Well, without land to ride on, what good are your dirtbikes???

Well, fastforward 5 years and look what has happened. I really hope some of you are pissed off about this. Pissed off enough to do something.

Remember. It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Hope to see some of you at the meeting.

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Ol'89r said:
I without land to ride on, what good are your dirtbikes???

Well said, those who don't want to hear about that political crap will be the ones who cry the loudest when their rights are taken away.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The first time I met most of the crew was at the hearing in Barstow. Early bird Terry was eating breakfast and I also had the pleasure (shear terror) of riding up to Barstow with Gospeed and Bill something

I admit to not sending many letters. Im never happy with what I put down and end up not getting it done it time. I need to work on this.

I will however show up to any hearing to increase the head count.

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
JWW said:
I will however show up to any hearing to increase the head count.

Great, I know that I would rather be somewhere else, doing something else, but this jeopardizes what I could be doing somewhere else.......... Does that make sense? Sorry Too much coffee.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
TemeculaTim said:
Great, I know that I would rather be somewhere else, doing something else, but this jeopardizes what I could be doing somewhere else.......... Does that make sense? Sorry Too much coffee.

Thats pretty much how my letters end up.

khuff

Feb 1, 2006
Karen

***Please note this issue regarding no OHV riding in Riverside County has become even more strict. District Supervisor Bob Buster wants a complete ban of OHV riding in Riverside County. This ordinance will include no riding on your personal property. March 28th at 1:30pm there is a final public meeting being held at 4050 Lemon St. 5th Floor Riverside, CA. Please try to attend and write or call your District Supervisor to let them know your displeasure.

Skuta

Jan 31, 2006
This is ridiculous, it is amazing how much we have let them get away with. If we let them take a foot then they are going to take a mile, and I for one am sick of being pushed around. Not just riverside county but everyone in California should be concerned with this matter, cause if we let them have this than it is just going to spread farther and farther until they take it away from us everywhere.

It is time that we stand up for the sport that we all love so much, and don't tell me you don't love it because anyone who rides falls in love with it. We need to become organized, get everyone that you know that rides, spread the news about this meeting and show up with so many people that it causes a seen, than maybe we could get on the news and have this become an issue for everyone. And let our voices be heard. Than we could let everyone know about our rights that are being stripped away from us in front of our very eyes.

Everyone that rides has at one point or another been told by some sort of law enforcement to pack it up and go home, you can't ride here. I know I have on several occasions, and it just pisses me off that I'm not aloud to ride on our very own public land. Yes our land, the peoples land not the governments land as they would have you believe. And now they want to take away our right to ride on our very own private property. That is just absolutely outragous. And do you know whos falt it is? Ours. Because we didn't care enough about the sport that we all love and can't live without to go to a meeting and do something about it.

Well I'm telling everyone, that if you don't stand up and fight for your right to ride, than you shouldn't ride, cause you don't want to get your a$$ off the couch and do something for the sport you love. Because riding isn't just a sport, it is a way of life. In life you have normal people and then you have riders. You guys no what I'm talking about. Don't let the "man" get away with it. Cause they don't realize what they are doing to us cause they are just "normal people", they have never experienced the thrill of being on a bike and blasting through a berm or soaring through the air. So it means nothing to them if they take that away from us.

You can count on me being there, give me a date and a time and I will be there. And I'm going to bring my posse as well. Now I challenge all of you to do something about the sport that you love.

Randy

P.S. "Lifes a bitch and then you die, so screw the world and lets go ride." :aj:

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Hey Skuta,
Don't waste to much time or energy getting worked up. Not to many people on this site seem to care or have the time to get involved. Don't get me wrong, there are a few out there, but not many. You will get more replies and interest on polls asking wether you wear boxers or briefs. Sad but true. You still are welcome to join the fight. Some of us see what is coming and don't like it.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
If this goes bad, we will file suit, but as yet the fat lady hasn't sung, Santee hearing did not make any of us look to good when pro OHVer's made smart ass remarks to the proponents, so if you go and feel the urge to speak be intelligent, otherwise, go, show your support and let Ecologic do there job, Dave knows what the hell he's doing and we pay him big bucks, so don't be counter productive

If I sound pissed.............................well, that's cause I am

We have a meeting Monday, if there's anything I can post I will, if I can get a better feel, I'll try to relay that without saying to much

Last edited:

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Do you have to be a resident of Riverside County to attend the meeting? If not then barring any unforseen circumstances I will most likely be there. I plan to write a well versed letter to the supplied information previously, and will also be persuading the 20+ riders I know to do the same.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
No, you don't have to reside in Riverside County to attend, but I do think you have to if you choose to speak

K

khuff68

Riverside County OHV

Attn Riverside County OHV Riders:

Your right to ride in Riverside County is at risk including on your own private property. District Supervisor Bob Buster is calling for an "outright ban of ohv." Please contact your district supervisor and let them know your displeasure.
Bob Buster - District 1 - 951-245-3330
John Tavaglione - District 2 - 951-955-1020 -
Jeff Stone - District 3 - 951-955-1030
Roy Wilson - District 4 - 760-863-8211 -
Marion Ashley - District 5 - 951-955-1050 -

The Public Hearing is March 28th, 2006 at 1:30pm at 4080 Lemon St. 5th Floor, Riverside CA

I have been told that Jeremy McGrath will be there signing autographed pictures. We need everybody's support!!!!

GET INVOLVED!!! WE NEED EVERYBODY'S HELP!!!!

K

khuff68

Riverside County OHV

Sorry, it's taken so long to reply. The Ordinance the Board of Supervisors in Riverside County are trying to put into place are the strictest in the country. You do not have to be a resident of Riverside County to attend or to even contact the Board of Supervisors. I have been told that they are getting hammered with phone calls and letters which is exactly what we want. We have passed out over 15,000 flyers and people are actually getting involved. If you want a copy of the flyer please go to msn search page and type in Riverside County OHV you'll see it everywhere. Thanks for everybody's support out there we need it.

Karen

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001

TemeculaTim

Feb 2, 2005
Hope to see some of the So Cal riders there. Remember, if you are going to speak out against this ordinance, use common sense and be prepared. It does our cause no good to have people ranting and raving or acting up in the audience like they are at a Jerry Springer show. Just having the numbers in attendance sends a strong message. :cool:

Top Bottom