RECENT POSTS

Rm 125.. What to do with it to help me??

Ok I recently purchased a RM125 that I need to set up for me. I came off a TTR 125L only been riding bikes for goin on a year.

1) I need to be able to lug this bike just a tad more till my reaction time catches up to the bike.

2) I have been fouling plugs and spooge is a major issue. I have spooge coming from the collar and out the silencer. I am now running a hotter plug br8es and 50:1 ratio and it still spooges. My next step would be to crack the carb open and see what I have in there. and changing some stuff.

3) I was told to not get a flywheel weight and just go up a tooth size in the front. by doing this it will calm the hit of the bike down which is what I want... but will I be able to lug it more??

Im mostly woods riding or open play. Im not on the pipe every second well not yet anyways. So I need to set this bike up to foul less plugs and lug a bit more.

Any advice would help me out a lot. :)

Moose

Subscriber
carajean said:
2) I have been fouling plugs and spooge is a major issue. I have spooge coming from the collar and out the silencer. I am now running a hotter plug br8es and 50:1 ratio and it still spooges. My next step would be to crack the carb open and see what I have in there. and changing some stuff.
That should have been the first step.

Yeah I know but others told me not too just yet. They said to mess with the ratio and if that didnt help then go into the carb.

A 125 is a bike that needs to be ridden aggressively........lugging is not going to work out, in time you'll get use to that.
Even though I rode a 125 for years in the woods, I never liked a flywheel weight on one........too hard to get into the power-range.
If the carb is still jetted stock, you'll have to do some work, they're jetted hideously rich from the factory. State what year RM you have, your altitude, and aprox current temperature. Perhaps someone here can get you in the ballpark.
If I were you, I'd go back to 32:1.......little hard working 125s need oil. By going 50:1 you actually made the "burnable mixture" richer (more spooging)

I dont know how much lugging you will be able to do on a RM125, they are made to be ridden hard. There are things you can do to tame the bike to make it easier to ride, but it will always need to be ridden pretty hard.

sixds said:
the spooge is prolly jetting
or the fact he may just not be riding it hard...when you lug a 2 stroke you will get spooge...you have to be in the pipe with these bikes...gl

my bike has no spooge. not warming up, not lugging it around, never have i seen black stuff drooling out of my silencer.

sixds said:
my bike has no spooge. not warming up, not lugging it around, never have i seen black stuff drooling out of my silencer.
what mixture? are you running lean? HAve you checked the spark plug?
A properly jetted 2t will eventually have some spooge because the silencer packing will eventually become saturated with oil.

Um i dont know my elevation but I live in Michigan. Yeah I dont know if its stock I bought it used. Its a 2001 RM125. Im trying to ride it hard but with being a newb I come upon situations where I need to slow way down and think about how to go about handling the problem. Im sure next year I wont have this problem but right now I do and I gotta do something about it.

Oh yeah the temp here right now ranges from 65-90 as of right now. The weather is lookin a bit better so the temps are between 70-87 consistently. Yeah Im gonna need a flywheel weight for the next month or so then I will **** it after I get my use out of it. But yeah this week is play around with the bike week. This week I get a spark arrestor and FWW and bark busters.

Put the correct plug back in, 32:1, lower the front sprocket one tooth,
and ride the piss out of it. Two strokes need to be rode hard, really hard.
They do not idle or will load up and foul plugs. When you get use to that
setting, then try to rejet your carb go back up one tooth and get more
power out of it that way. Bottom line, ride it like you stole it !

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Even though a 125 is supposed to be ridden hard it does not have to be ridden hard to keep from spooging and fouling plugs, all that it needs is the correct jetting for how you are riding the bike. Read the jetting stickies and even do a search by jetting and you'll find all the information you'll need. Pick a ratio and stick with it and jet the bike properly for that ratio, 32:1 is a good ratio for a 125 with a decent oil like Yamalube 2-R.

My guess is you'll have to lean out all three jetting circuits on that bike to get it to stop fouling plugs and spooging.