Fryspeed

Apr 26, 2007
Do you have to change from a stock pipe to a differently designed pipe with a 144 conversion?? I ride 3hr xc events so Im looking for an improvement across the whole rpm range.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You should be able to get a more accurate direction from the engine builder that put your 144 together. If the head or ports or compression were modified that could all play in to what direction you might want to go. Whenever I do a major change like that I look at it as a complete package and discuss the desired end result with Eric or Rich whomever is putting the final pieces together for me. That way they know what I'm looking for and I know what to expect.

So the answer is maybe.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Fryspeed said:
Do you have to change from a stock pipe to a differently designed pipe with a 144 conversion?? I ride 3hr xc events so Im looking for an improvement across the whole rpm range.

Changing the pipe isn't a requirement but as a general rule of thumb, the FMF Fatty pipes have proven to be a nice compliment to the 144 packages that Eric Gorr builds.

How other people's 144 setups work is for someone else to answer.

Fryspeed

Apr 26, 2007
Thanks for the replies.Im contemplating having my rm125 taken out to a 144.I ride Hare and Hound 3hr events.Eric Gorr is the route I will go.

Top Bottom