showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
I hate to admit it, but I cannot locate the Power Jet on my Keihin Carb on my 01 RM. I found the Main and Pilot easy enough, as well as a fixed brass tube (which I am guessing is the atomizer?) but I see no Power Jet.
There is a housing that holds the Pilot and Main jet (with some funky screws that look like modified Torx screws), is the Power Jet underneath that housing? And what are the screws called? My last two stroke carb had no TPS, Power Jet, or Solenoid.......................... :think:

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Thanks guys. I don't have a service manual, but I couldn't tell by looking at a parts microfiche exactly where it was located. The "fiche" showed it beside the pilot jet, but the "fiche" might have been flopped.
Can you also tell me what type of fastener holds the throttle assembly on? I thought I had every tool known to modern man, but I don't have a tool that will remove these screws. It looks like a modified Torx, but I'm sure it is something different.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Those are tamper proof torq screws. YOu can get tamper proof torq bits at most places (even Autozone). It just looks like a star bit with a hole drilled in the middle of it. I hate it when manufactures use these screws...and I usually replace them with allen or star screws.

Micah

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Thanks Micah for the Torx info..........:)

Okay, I finally found th elittle guy. Stuck inside the sealing surface of the carb body............:)
Here are my jetting numbers:
Main 162
Pilot 48
Power 45

This appears to be stock jetting. Anyone have any suggestions for what works best?

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm at 800 ft and when I got mine, it was set up rich, I went one clip up on the needle and one step lower on the main and it runs fine. That was with a PC pipe and silencer.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I hear many times over that factory jetting is rich. So it would make sense that even with a filter + pipe/silencer the factory jetting would be ample. Especially if 454 Elk had to step it down on the jetting.

Micah

Top Bottom