94rm125

Jul 29, 2009
ok i bought a 1994 rm 125 for 460 the other day. and i rode it there for like 10 mins then rode it when i got home for an hour or so then took it to my friends and my friend flooded it and finally it started after changing the plug a few times. then ran out of gas. so we took it apart and was checking for spark none then we moved the coil wire around some then we got spark. i think it is grounding out but not sure any ideas. he said it is more than likely the coil is bad.... any ideas?

Mad Norris

May 1, 2009
It sounds like the bike was running fine until your friend flooded it, then you got it going again and it ran fine until it ran out of gas. So why would you suspect a problem with the coil? was it misfiring? Why didn't you just put more gas in it and keep driving?

truckster225

Jun 11, 2009
Well ya, if its melted, good chance thats it. Also, it could be a symptom of a larger problem. Did you know the seller? Someone may disagree, and I welcome the input, but if the charger coil on the stator is bad, and its sending more then the 6volts(or whatever the voltage is, i dont remember) its suppose to, it could slowly harm the CDI. So, if you replaced the CDI, and didnt fix the stator/charger coil, its only a matter of time untill the problem appears again.

Im NO electrician. Hopefully some of the guys with more electrical experience can drop a little more input here??

94rm125

Jul 29, 2009
well we checked all the coils and electrical and the numbers are good... the only one that was bad was from the cdi to the coil... so it has to be the cdi

Top Bottom