fastrider11

Sep 2, 2007
I am 15 yrs old ive been racing hare scrambles for a while now, Ive been lately racing a 2005 RM250 and i was wondering if the ktm 250xcw or the 300xcw is really that good in the woods.
What would be some pro's and cons if i go to KTM.

May 10, 2007
im 16 years old and ride lots of woods and the occasional hair scramble. i have an 08 200 XC-W and it is perfect. the suspension took very little tuning and i havent needed to add any aftermarket parts to it yet besides protection (though im probably going to be buying a new pipe soon current one took quite a few dings). KTM's are truly "ready to race". the power is incredibly smooth and luggable but can really scream when you need it to. i have never ridden a 300 but the 250 i have riden seemed really well balanced. it wasnt too heavy and wasnt crazy powerful. the power was there but it didnt blow you away all of a sudden.

of course you could always put the money (3 thousand if buying used or 5-6 if buying new) into your current bike (which isnt that old) and make it woods friendly.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
if your riding the rm250 now and like it I think the biggest differance will be the wide ratio transmission. The guys I know of that have went with the XC-W either love it or hate it. Most people end up trading for the XC. I guess what I am trying to say is if your riding the RM250 and like it you should go with the XC. Lenoir NC ? are you riding mideast or nchsa?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Mechanically inclined/interested in doing your own wrenching/modifing?... don't be scared of the RM.
If the above labor is not of interest or desirable to you... KTM are pretty dialed in as is.
A think a competant, helpful, trustworthy and knowledgable dealer is the most important deciding factor.

fastrider11

Sep 2, 2007
Mideastrider,,,,,I raced nchsa this past year.Im going to be racing mid east next year.
Ive put money in the RM and have it the way i want it in the woods so i might just keep it and race next year with it.Not sure yet,would like to hear more. Thanks!

Top Bottom