scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
First enduro back and all I can say is it is very easy to get out of riding shape after the summer. (unless you consider round as a shape.)

I showed up already extremely tired early Sunday AM. Kelsorat was already there and out warming up. I signed up on Minute 16 Kelso was on 12. The weather was perfect not hot at all. On my minute we two race newbies. I did my best to explain the concept and suggested to them not to pass me on the first loop or so. (unless I crash that is) The course was well laid out for the terrain. Loop one was kind of slow as they should be for the beginners. They had some moderately challenging hill himbs, and several boulder sections (the designer must have been watching OLN's coverage of the enduro at Ernsberg) :yikes: . I thought the time at the checks were a little off from the original key time, but I only picked up a few seconds. (once it helped me and once it hurt me) Back at camp, several riders said the same thing.

There were four loops in this event and each was faster than the next. Loop two was about all I could handle. there we no resets etc, just a 14 mile sprint. I tossed myself over the bars in one sand wash, when I hit neutral trying to get into 2nd for a hair pin left turn. I got up and couldn't get closer than 1 minute down the rest of the way. I was all over the place and completely out of rythem for a while after that. I blew through several corners and had to create my own line to get back on track. I passed several downed riders as even the higher speed sand washes had boulders in them to give you a nice little kick here and there. Towards the end of the loop, I went down a steep down hill which fed into a narrow but deep sand wash with a sharp turn at the bottom leading directly up another hill. I was in to high of gear and bogged and stalled. Went to pull out the kickstarter and it was gone :( :( It must have come off earlier in the loop. I pushed it backwards up the hill a little ways and bump started it. I finished the loop 3 minutes down and called it a day, as I was whipped and all the rocks required being able to start your bike.

I had fun but I was reminded why I don't really enjoy riding out near Barstow. :ahhh:

until next race :ride:

Last edited:

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Wow. After that report, I'm not sure I want to join you on any of the races. That sounded too much like work. But as long as you had fun. Aw, heck. Who knows. I might take you up on your offer to join you on a minute. One can never tell.

Yes round is a shape...lol

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
results are up. Lots of DNF's

I was in 2nd until my bike broke. Finished in 10th.

A nice 4th place finish for Kelsorat. Keep it up and you're gonna get bumped up. :cool:

Top Bottom