scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
It was a fun race. I enjoyed hanging w the enduro crew again. We didn't get out till late and finding a place to camp was easy. We just stopped where Chris's trailer got stuck. :laugh: After diggin and monkeyng aroud till about midnight we went to bed and decided to deal w it after the race. Luckily we were right next to where we needed to be so it wasn't a big deal. it was cold and the acomodations were comfy. thanks Chris.

Race Day. Eel and Chris wnated to get up at 530 to go get signed up :yikes: we did and Scott Eric and I got on the same minute. Chris already was on another minute. aftera quick trip thru the line the 3 of us went back to bed. What a bunch of lazy dogs.

loop 1 was fun and not to hard. i enjoyed it more because I was trying to dial in my new susp and it had alot of everything. We were early most of the time. and the checks gave us plenty of scrubbing room. I only dropped time in one special. Loop 1 wasn't overly exciting or challeging, but at least they didn't put us through endless whoops like some other D37 enduros. It was great for what I wanted. Scott took a big digger in the sand and Eric decided his graphics weren't scratched enough so he went with a little washout. But both emerged ok.

During the break I went back and added some more rebound and moved my bars a bit. and headed off for Loop 2

Loop 2: was a lot more fun. right out of the shoot they ran us through the cobbly crub. Loop 2 featured several tough hil climbs where we had to pick our way though many downed riders. I made all of them without incedent but it did take alot of effort. for the most part, I was able to stay ahead of the speeds again. (Surprizing for me and loop two.) I took some chances and ran early for longer than I normally do. There were suprizing few checks on loop 2.
My bike ran very well. The adjustments I made real paid off.

I am very tired and quite sore. This was my best enduro to date. Overall I had a great time.
We don't have results yet, I'll post back when they come out.

I won't make theTaft GP so the next outing for me will be the TWMC Deep Creek Enduro.

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
But your over the bars digger was cool. :coocoo: How you feeling?

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
My knee is the size of a Grapefruit, my whole body is sore, and my bike is still outside on the carrier.

Thanks for asking

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I had a great time on the course. I think results will be strange as there wasnt really any point takers. The first loop had 1 special where I dropped 2:20, the second loop seemed to be lacking checks, but it did make it fun trying to ride hard and still time keep, somthing a lot of district enduros dont do.

Sticking the trailer in the sand, somthing Im getting good at. This was the second time, at least this time I didnt stay awake thinking about it. Practice practice practice.

Glad most of the Knuckleheads made it, (anyone seen Tony?) Scott, sorry the get off spoiled it for ya, hope the knee dosent take any bike time.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
2strok4fun said:
Glad most of the Knuckleheads made it, (anyone seen Tony?) Scott, sorry the get off spoiled it for ya, hope the knee dosent take any bike time.
I went and got my arse handed to me at a GP. There is a short report in these forums.

Scott - Heal up soon.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
just giving ya some rib. Kim asked if marriage locked up the bike, I said "Nah".

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Pretty fun race. The loops got better with each new loop. The 3rd was very, very technical - there's alot of rocks out there - not little broken rocks but like walls of rock to ride up and down! A few very tuff climbs where it was touch and go each time as to whether or not I would make 'em. I was pretty happy with my ride - I was charging as best I could through to the finish. Tired but a smile crossed my face at the finish. Great sport.

Great to hang with you guys it was fun. Congrats Scar on a great ride. And thanks to Chris and his rolling (most of the time) chateau! This deal makes the enduros alot more fun. Scott - heal up - DMC is next week !

See you soon fellas ...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Results are finally up I took 1st in Vet C 250 :) :) :) I also beat the 1st place vet c open guy. (my old class)
I'm very happy, I've never breathed a top 10 in a Dist Enduro. Those GP's are really helping my speed. Now I'm going to have to race the rest of the series.

Chris took 2nd in his class
Eric got 4th
Scott got 7th.

nice work everyone.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Great Job Tim on the 1st.

Im happy it looks like I get a trophy, my first district trophy!

Im' out for prospectors in March, Ill be in Utah, so I will have to do one of those enduro point paying bunny rabbit things-Vikikngs.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Way to go guys. :cool:

Congrats on the win Tim. That's awesome. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Top Bottom