rocker arm ouch !

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
I knew my shock bearing was bad ,but I rode it anyway... Now my rocker arm is toast. $140.00 from the dealer !! Do I have any other way to go? (I already have pivot works bearing kits)
Thanx, Domino

cyclebradd88

Apr 19, 2003
Take it to a local machinist and have it sleeved. Should be under $50 if you find a guy that works from his garage. Go to your local metal supply house and ask the counter guy. Also, find a local machinist supply and check with them. You will find someone.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
If you are going to have it worked on, consider upgrading it somehow. Bore it to a larger bearing, one more easily available or available in better qualities than the junker you are stuck with from kawi.

Maybe a bearing replacement material..teflon or somesuch would be good to consider.

This bearing is pretty much failed all the time. I have serviced my link as often as four times a year...and ALWAYS had to replace that bearing until I started using a special (read: expensive!) grease (Hydrosyn-70). Now I get a couple of regreasing efforts out of the puny thing.

Look at a brand new one from Kawi.....you will see that the rollers are crooked in the shell from the start. Too much space!! A new bearing doesn't 'roll' for diddle, let alone a bearing that has been pounded, dragged thru mud and water for hundreds of miles.

imo and all that.......

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…