Pivot Works swingarm bearing kit

jrnolan

Sep 14, 2009
Pivot Works part# PWSAK-K11-020 Swingarm Kit for KDX 200 (95-2006) comes with four seals two bushings and two bearings. Each bearing is approximately 30mm long, just like what I took out of the swingarm.

CP online manual and the Service Manual both illustrate two bearings per side with a 6mm gap between the bearing and the swingarm face.

The problem is I do not recall how the old bearings were placed in the swingarm before I pressed them out. If I leave a 6mm gap between the bearing face and the outside of the swingarm on one side then the resultant gap on the other side is approximately 10mm.

So, should I split the difference or keep the 6mm on one side.

Is this the right replacement bearing set from Pivot Works, coming with only two bearings and not four?

Thank you for any help, JR

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Stock is four bearings. Pivotworks is two.

"Bearing - 20 x 27 x 30 Needle"

http://www.pivotworks.com/documents/support/PWSAKK11020_26ED50E1EEA1C.pdf

Since the stock bearings are: BEARING-NEEDLE,TA202715ZE, or 15mm wide, then I would hope the new seals protrude inward more than the stock seals. If the seals protrude inward 3 more mm, then that would take up the stock 6mm gap.

Put the new bearings in with the nimber facing outward (away from the center of the bike, not facing each other).

jrnolan

Sep 14, 2009
OK, thank you, good info.

Has anyone installed the Pivotworks who can tell me how much gap. 6mm does not center the bearings in the swingarm.

Top Bottom