pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
So, the stock front tire on my KDX totally blows. I decided to replace it with a Michelin Starcross MS2. I look around and found that Rocky Mountain has the best price ($54 compared to $70 and up from most other places), but it was out of stock. Last Thursday I called them up and asked when they expected to get more in stock. They said Monday, so I ordered. I got onto their site Monday and saw that it was now in stock. Then this evening I got home from work and there it was on the front porch! Just 2 days after they got it in stock! :yeehaw:

So, Rocky Mountain MC has great prices, helpful phone support and they ship fast! Dennis Kirk on average takes a week to send me things and Chaparral usually takes a couple of weeks. :yeehaw:

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
I probably shop there more than anywhere. They have everything except OEM stuff. I just recently discovered Ron Ayers for that.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I've also had good luck with Rocky Mtn but usually Dennis Kirk is my first choice since they're a day closer and have free shipping on orders over $100 and a flat $6 fee on orders less than that. There are times, however, when Rocky Mtn carries a certain brand that DK doesn't so I order from them.

I recently had some troubles with getting the right clutch lever, perch, and cable from DK. Their tech line was somewhat helpful but after calling the manufacturers I found out that DK has the wrong part numbers in their catalog. I ended up with the wrong cable twice and finally got the right one from Rocky. To DK's credit they gave me refunds on all the wrong parts (including shipping both ways) and a $20 voucher for my troubles.

As frustrating as it is, everyone makes mistakes from time to time. How a company deals with those times helps me to determine if I want to do business with them.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'm another satisfied RM customer.

As for E-b-a-y, the powers that be have set up the system to blank the word out. Something about spamming, etc.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yabe? What's Yabe?

Funny though that when you spell it backwards you get the auction-by-the-water place.

HHhhhmmmmm....

RM sometimes has some good shipping deals on gear (free!), too. Pretty good deals on oil when you buy it in the multiple big-jug packs. I feel like a rich guy when I have 4-5 big bottles of Super-M sitting on the shelf.

Their catalog is sometimes a bit hard to find stuff in..the index isn't too hot. But the online search&buy works good.

Yeah. Another positive vote for RockyMountainMC....ATV, too!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I Like Rocky Mountain as well, but if you order smaller $ items, or just a couple items - shipping charges can be high. I use them when I can accumulate a bunch of stuff then the shipping is less of an issue. I do find their shipping painfully slow, better than Chapparal, much slower than DK.

I have recently tried some of the Tusk brand stuff from Rocky Mountain - seems OK so far.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
One of the best things I have found at Rocky Mtn is their "All Balls" brand suspension bearing kits. They come with the linkage AND lower shock bearings for about $60. If you buy the Pivot Works stuff you have to buy the linkage kit for $76 and the shock brgs for $38. The Moose kits come with the lower shock bearing but they're $86.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
I wouldn't buy them all if a majority of them were good but when you buy a bike that hasn't had the six month maintenance schedule you're likely to need a few bearings. If any of them need replaced it's usually likely that all of the lower ones need replaced. I have bought them all from Kawi before but that was a very painfull experience.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I live close enough to RM that I am able to pick stuff up at the counter. The place is very cool. They are also active locally in helping us keep riding areas open.

They also offer a year end rebate if a person spends a certain dollar amount. They made an error keeping track of my rebate a few years ago. In the computer I had missed the cutoff by 20.00.

I asked to speak to a manager about this. The counter guy said, "Why?"

I explained that my rebate should have 125.00, now zero.

The guy walks into the back. 30 seconds later the head of purchasing walks out. I quickly explained my situation. The lady then says...."Give this man whatever he wants." That was it.

They have owned me since that day.

Check out the ARC Corona boots. I have a set as back-up. They are only 79.00 and built very well for a low cost boot.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I like Rocky Mountain MC but sometimes it's just too easy to order things! ;)

i hopped on RockyMountainMC yesterday to buy a WER Steering Stabilizer :) ... then i remembered that my steering stem bearings were starting to grabb so i ordered the All Balls Steering Stem Bearing Kit ... then i remembered that my throttle cable has a broken strand strand so i ordered a new throttle cable ... then i thought that i really should have one of those neat cable lubers (that i always borrowed from my friend who has now moved away) .. oh yeah and a can of Motion Pro Cable Lube... then i remembered that i am about ready to put on a new chain (which i have) so i ordered a new front CS and rear sprocket ... then i that while at DW03 when Wendy (the EX) crashed the paramedics cut off her chest protector (right through some of the plastic) before they put her in the helicopter to go to OKC ... so i ordered an Acerbis Lady Fusion Chest Protector (for my girlfriend) ... oh yeah i forgot to mention the Race Tech Fork Seals that i think i needed, so i ordered a set.

Needless to say the total was substantial but it's been quite a while since i really spent much $$ on the dirtbikes. :ride:

It's a good thing i bought tires last week at the CCC ride up in Michigan or i might have ordered those too.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah, Rocky Mountain rocks!!! Nothing but good customer service and good prices, especially on tires.

My friends and I frequent the place. Eventually they have to kick us out because we sit there and study the tires for too long... ;)

Top Bottom