Rocky Mountain!

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I have always had a good expericence with rocky mountain and purchased a lot of parts from them. Well, this time, one of the parts I ordered was on back order. I told them to hold it to avoid another 7 dollar shipping charge. They said it would be 7 to 10 days untill they got the part in stock. My father is a manager at an auto dealer, an I know sometimes how these things work, so on the 7th day, I emailed them, to find out the part I ordered will not be in till August first! I said what are you crazy! I know this happens often, and they cant inform everyone, but god, thats over a month away. Just makes me angry, if that happened at the dealership, and the customer did not get informed, my dad would have his head ripped off.
Just had to blow some steam.
Joe
p.s, I want my bike back together, this is killing me!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry about the part... bummer.

On a side note, sure would be cool if people that have good experiences with companies talked about it as much as they do when they have a bad one.

Here's a postive vote for Rocky Mountain, Debi is a great customer service rep, they've always done me well.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
They do have good customer service... but listen to this wierd story.

Okay, so I order a 116 link chain. I get a box in the mail, that is labeled 420x116. Well, after counting the chain multiple times, I found out that it was a 114 link chain. So I called em up (and got debi). I shipped them back this chain, and what do i get back from them. The exact same chain. So I just ordered another 116 link and havent bothered to send the old one back yet.

Anyone want a 114 link Renthal R-1 works chain (size 420)?

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I've had pretty good service with Rocky Mountain. Seems like an organized company. I'm sorry that you had trouble, all companies mess up at some point in time. For example, MXSouth, a very reputible company on DRN has been giving me problems with my latest order, but this won't be my last because it seems like a very human error

jharmon

Aug 1, 2001
Bob's Cycle in St. Paul Minnesota has pretty good service and some great prices. I got two tires for my KX 250 ($61/each) and i got a ProCircuit Pipe and Silencer for around $340 total! I think it's a good deal. And the people were exptremely fast.

If you want good stuff at a good price, and be able to order the parts from people who ride, I'd call Bob's Cycle. Their web address is bobscycle.com.

Boy, did that sound like an infomercial or what.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
It wasa gasket set, I already order it from another company, I talk to a service rep over email, and they very cool in handling it. I was just angry, but believe me they are a lot better when they screw up than some other places. I still will buy parts from them, and reccomed peeps buy from there, just as long as its in stock!

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
ups realy sucks! i ordered my wer steering stabilizer on tuesday and paid extra for 2 day shipping and guess what? its not here. i watched the ups truck go up and back down my street in reverse today thinking they had it....tomorrow if it dosnt get here im callin rockymountain and asking for tracking #'s.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Speaking of shipping companys, I heard ups and fed - ex are going to merge and form a division for disgruntled internet order customers. The new company is going to be called " Fed - Up" ! ;)
Just kidding of course.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
You can do a lot of damage to a company in a place like this for complaining about 1 small problem. If you've had a good experience 90% of the time, then for a mail order company, in my estimation, that's damn good service.

Waaahhhhh!!!! :whiner:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Here's my first experience with MX South. I'm going to try not to give my ideas, just the straight facts. I ordered a DID x-ring chain from Rocky Mountain. Good service, good prices, got here in 4ish days with normal shipping. Cut the chain 4 links short, decided I needed more links. On Saturday, I called up MX South to order some. I made this decision because of all the good things I'd heard about them here. The guy on the phone didn't seem to know what he was doing, and it took about a half an hour to make the order, but it got made. I payed for three day shipping, and they subtracted the DRN discount. I called them back on Tuesday just to see where it was. Took them about 5 hours to find my order. Craig (my helper this time) told me it the parts I needed were in two different warehouses, and they were sent out a day late. I called back two hours later to talk to Jeff. Busy. Called back again, I got to talk to him. He said that it was a small order that was in two warehouses, and he made me feel like my order wasn't that important to him. Granted, my order wasn't big, but he should have treated me like I ordered 8 CRFs, right? He said that they had gone ahead and moved the order up to two day shipping. I said that'll get here a day later, but I don't have any choice.
Well Thursday came and went, no package. Called up MXS, asked what was up. The lady on the phone said that the warehouse must have sent the order out later than they expected. She then went on to explain that I shouldn't complain because I had the DRN discount, so I was really only paying the amount for ground shipping. I spent two hours on Friday staring at our cul-de-sac, UPS drove by, but didn't stop. No deliveries on Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday (but that's 6 days when I ordered 3 day shipping). Not to pleased with the result there

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I don't know how good their customer service is, they've never messed anything of mine up. Got me my stuff pretty quick too.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Update.....yzeater got his stuff today......Last words....."I'm goin' riding!"

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Thanks Phil. Turns out they shipped it two days late, and White Brothers wrote the zip code down wrong

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I have had good service with rocky mountain and always check with them first about a part before looking somewhere else.They got my vote on one of the best all around place.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I think they are great! I had an expensive item tear, could'vd been questionable, but since it was so new, I called and asked them about it. they advised me to send it to them, which I did, 2 weeks later, brand new product sent out to me free of charge, way cool.
sorry about the down time, I know what its like :(

Hootna

Mar 14, 2002
ROCKY MOUNTAIN MC is the best place to get you motorcycle parts hands down. I have ordered tons of parts from them and have not had any problems. I really like the way it shows the quantity of items available this is way trick....

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by jharmon
Bob's Cycle in St. Paul Minnesota has pretty good service and some great prices.

Agreed - most of my mail order miscellaneous stuff comes from Bobs. Good prices, nice web site (pictures, easy to search, in stock meter), and fast delivery (usually 3-4 days once I place an order).

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Since the flame board is all about opinions :silly:

Best place to order tires Rocky Mountain (Bar NONE)
other items: MXSouth

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Best place to get tires? My local accessory shop. $115.00 mounted for a set of S-12's. As a matter fact thats where I get all my stuff.

I have in the past got stuff from Bobs and MXsouth. No complaints with either...

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Um...Strick, yzeater may have a differen't opinion. I have never ordered from there. I always order from another place that I have never had any probalems(SP) with.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…