Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
I need a roll chart holder for dual-sport rides and the occasional enduro. Anybody have recommendations?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I have one by Moose Offroad, it was about $35 and it rolls smoothly and it was completely water tight when I power washed my bike last. Not sure how much they all differ, as this is my first one. My B-class enduro friend who picked it out for me said it was a really nice roll chart holder, if that makes any difference to you!!!

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
make sure you get the right size. Moose makes two. I have both. the first one was the dual sport model. Hmm thats all i do, I'll get that one. Turns out it was too skinny. the roll charts i got at the ride wouldn't fit in it. I got the pro or enduro model the second time.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I have been through a couple and I really like the Enduro Engineering model. It has a nice locking cover that won't easily come off.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
In the WBros catalog, under accessories:

http://www.whitebros.com/OffRoadSections.html

It takes a minute to load the file, at least on my laptop.

There are two, maybe three are listed, made by Link; a fourth by EE. Get the wider Link one, NOT the one with the magnifying lens. I have two of that type and have used them with success fo Jr. and myself.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I agree with placelast, the wider Link/Moose model is the one to get (Link and Moose are made by the same company). I have the narrow Link/Moose version and have to get creative when trimming the route sheet to fit inside. My friend experienced the same problem with his EE model. The Lexan window on the Link/Moose holders and the clear plastic cover on the EE model will fall off. Use clear tape to keep them on.

For riders that have trouble reading small numbers and letters the magnified holder sold by Link/Moose is quite handy. The only downside is you can only read one line at a time.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I agree with placelast, the wider Link/Moose model is the one to get (Link and Moose are made by the same company). The Lexan window on the Link/Moose holders and the clear plastic cover on the EE model will fall off. Use clear tape to keep them on.

Wish I'd know they were the same as I like have few free ads on my bike; wouldn't mind Moose nor EE, though.

The lenses have broken loose on some solid get-offs once or twice but not since the clear silcone was applied on the outer perimeter/circumference of the lexan.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'm with woodsy on the magnifying 1s, i tried 1 but it is too hard to read when bouncing thru the trees--can't recommend it. so i bought a bifocal prescription insert for my goggles instead. you kids laugh all you want, it'll happen to you someday.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I got a countdown roll chart holder first.&nbsp; It was ok, but kinda cheaply made.&nbsp; I now use the Enduro Engineering with the snap on lid that Offroadr spoke about.&nbsp; I like it a lot.&nbsp; Some of the MSR ones are pretty nice though.&nbsp; They make one where the guts/mechanism slides out so you can load it off of the bike and then just insert it into the holder.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by Skid Jackson
make sure you get the right size. Moose makes two. I have both. the first one was the dual sport model. Hmm thats all i do, I'll get that one. Turns out it was too skinny. the roll charts i got at the ride wouldn't fit in it. I got the pro or enduro model the second time.
How wide are the roll charts?

steve lafon

Aug 30, 2000
Lawman, Please tell me more about the prescription insert. I have lots of trouble reading my chart also , and the magnified holder isn't much help to me anymore.

Top Bottom