Rough clutch lever feel on 2000 KX65

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
The clutch lever on my sons KX65 has a rough feel when pulling it in. (disengaging) I've thoroughly cleaned the cable and lever pivot point but the roughness persists. Could this be notches in the clutch basket? The clutch seems to work fine, just has a rough feel to it. If it is the basket, can I get away with filing the grooves out?

Thanks in advance.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
It could in fact be notches in the basket. I have filed notches down on CR250's. This has helped but when you file them down you also increase the distance the clutch plates and move back and forth and then more notches develope. But it helps for quite a while.

endurohero

Apr 16, 2003
easy stuff first , replace cable ,(if problem persists) Remove cable from clutch cover operate clutch accuator buy hand useing a crecent wrench or big pliers do this to isolate the cable and lever assembly from the engine. If the action feels notchy remove clutch cover and inspect the accuator rod for exessive wear or rust ,inspect the bearing that the push rod contacts in the center of the clutch pressure plate.If any parts show signs of wear, replace.

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I had a problem with the cable on ours, and it eventually broke. I did find out that the cable is cheaper from Suzuki than it is from kawi though by about 5.00. And at even if it doesn't fix it you will have a spare for your tool box. Good luck tracing down the problem

Top Bottom